Monday, May 01, 2006

Naming Colorways--------

Here are some new colorways I dyed this weekend. I have about 8 more coming soon. Not everything turns out as I imagine in my mind or even if I play with paint first on paper and mix colors which I sometimes do, it often looks different on the fiber or yarn once it is dyed, dried, and then braided or reskeined or spun up. I really welcome any comments....either on suggestions for color combinations you have always wanted to see or love and/or names for colorways.

First, here is serenity because I read about the color blue today and what it often emotionally evokes in people, and guess what, it is often serenity! Interesting, as blue and shades of blue and green are my favorites. And I do crave peace and serenity in my life and try to find within on a daily basis.


I had a hard time naming this next one. First I was going to call it Blueberry Pie, but no..it is too peaceful or something for that, so I named it Desert Summer because it reminds me of our wide open skies that are blue with sometimes patches of white clouds and then the desert earth landscaping....


Someone who bought some sock yarn from me told me she loved the colors bright orange, lime and turquoise together so I decided to try that combo. This came out very colorful bright and fun and I called it Tropical...I also thought of several fruit names but the turquoise didn't fit in there!! I also had to be careful with this one because if the colors blend on the edges you end up with a bit of brown which I want to avoid at least in this particular colorway...That is often why I like dyeing analogous colors because they blend beautifully. How do you like my new photography "props??"


And finally, this one is hot pink and orange. My mind just shut off and I couldn't think of a color. SO..I entered into google "HOT PINK ORANGE" and all these fashion things came up especially of bathing suits (LOL) so I named the colorway Summers at the Beach!!


Gosh, I just noticed that the ETSY.com shop is kind of messed up! Usually there is a counter that tells you how many times your item has been looked at and they have removed the counters because the site is just so busy!! That makes it very hard to judge what people are looking at. I am happy they are so busy but wow!!

OK, must run. EMAIL ME or leave comments!!!

5 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Lisa...LOVE the new fibers! They're all so unique....you'll have to just stop dyeing....either I'll have to keep buying them and go bankrupt or cry when someone buys on I like....darn you and your dye-ing talents! Desert Summer is my favorite...

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger K. said...

The Tropical colorway is sososo fab! All of them are beautiful!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

mmm - beautiful :D

 
At 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Just wanted to say I love your new photo props! :) Looks great! And it's really important with great photos when you want to sell something, so keep up the good work.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..all those colors look awesome! It will be interesting to see some of them spun up. I'm always suprised about how the color and texture of roving changes when it's spun, you expect one thing and totally get another. BTW...a think that i've used for dyes that I find helpful (even though it doesn't help with the drying thing) are the little round cotton pads people use as makeup remover or whatever. I dip those in my dye to check colors and they normally end up pretty true. Anyway, GREAT work!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home