Sunday, April 02, 2006

ETSY Store-Kind of Exciting

Hello on Sunday

I just finally got our Etsy store up. Take a lookie at http://yarnbotanika.etsy.com.
I am so excited because we had our first sale already this morning!! Made my morning! I just hope she really loves the yarn. I do this fiber art because I love it. I love the colors, the textures, the blending of all this. Stuff is only being sold because what could I possibly do with all of it. And to pay for more supplies and my addiction. I have a hard time parting with the skeins to be honest!

Oh....I bought some beautiful fiber at the Scottsdale Knitting show. I have cashmere and silk and alpaca and merino wool to play with and create batts of. I have a great Fricke/Stauch finest drumcarder here on loan!!

I have a lot of reskeining to do and I can only do a tiny bit a day right now, but maybe it will be better when my new yarn swift arrives this week. It just hurts my neck a lot. I get very tired of hurting so much every day and I don't know how to cope with it, I really don't.

One more month of school, one more month of school, one more month!!!

OH..and I finished this beautiful shawl. I can't even tell you how gorgeous this yarn is up close. It is called Dune by Trendsetter and they have a bunch at the Fiber Factory. I don't know if other local stores carry it and the photos on the internet really don't show its true beauty. It has mohair and coils of this metallic like thread in there. It comes in beautiful colors........ That is my niece holding the shawl up so I could take a photo......

3 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Great yarn and nice shawl.

Love the colors.

Congrats on your yarn sale! I hope it continues.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl! And the yarn in your shop.... I'm on a yarn diet, otherwise, I'd so buy the pink yarn. And the green :) You should have no problem selling it, you're such a talented dyer.

I'm glad to hear you still keep you spinning zen, and indulge in more fibery goodies. Keep up the good work!

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl is GORGEOUS! and your new yarns are awesome! You've been busy - LOL! i tried to get to your Etsy store but the site seems to be down... and btw, if you get an answer to your silk dying question from the dyers list - can you forward it to me? I recently asked about dying silk fabric with fiber reactive dyes instead of acid syes and no one answered me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home