Monday, April 10, 2006

MONDAY!!!!!!!!

I had a really wonderful weekend. I truly enjoyed the Color Blending class I went to at the Tempe Yarn and Fiber. I learned a lot and when I came home that night, I couldn't stop spinning! I have a few amazing skeins of yarn (I hope they are amazing) in the works.

Here is one I made in the class, or I made the singles part which was handspun merino painted roving. Then when I got home, I looked through my stash to find something to ply it with and I found some beautiful alpaca and silk yarn. SO, that worked out wonderfully to a beautifully balanced yarn!

Yeah yeah yeah, I like to photograph yarn on some rocks? Why is that? I need to find a few new photographing ideas! Here is a close up of the yarn.


Wow! I just got DSL today and I am shocked how fast these photos load now. What did I wait so long for??????

I am so into this spinning. I have a million color and fiber and texture ideas in my head when I go to sleep and occasionally I have to get up and spin a bit in the middle of the evening! I don't want this to take away from my knitting but it is a bit. My sweater is getting close to completion though and I started another one. Photos of that soon............

Time to spin :)
Lisa

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger rho said...

I love the yarn on rocks - the contrasts - color and gray and soft and hard -- perfect in my mind.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

The yarn looks great....and the rocks do give a good color contrast!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

oh how beautiful :)
Well done :D and excellent color matching!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger blogdog said...

The merino fingering weight yarn arrived today, and is it ever GORgeous!! I can't wait to get it on the needles -- and yes, there will be pictures! Thanks so much!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home