Saturday, April 15, 2006

Creativity-Colors Inspired by Nature

I actually have a beautiful rose garden and I have been neglecting it! The flowers still are beautiful though! This week, I think I need to get to a greenhouse to get some mulch and rose food and some new flowers. I was so excited when I finally had the room for a rose garden because I always loved this variety called the Peace Rose (photo below). It can vary slightly but it is usually pale pink with cream and a touch of yellow. TOO pretty. Have you ever been to the Portland Rose Garden? What an amazing place. This colorway I named Peace Rose is gorgeous I think. The other day, Kirsten said it looks like sherbet! Then I saw a fellow spinner/dyer on ETSY with a similar colorway named sherbet! Kind of funny...Happy Weekend.......

Peace Rose 1:

Followed by Peace Rose 2 (just to show a slightly different view):

Followed by the Yarn Colorway Peace Rose in super super soft Superwash Fingering weight merino. I really want to make a lacy scarf of this but I have too many projects in the works now and I can remake it some day!




PS I am going to enter this post and skein of yarn into the Whip Up Whiplash competition...
whipup

It isn't as easy as it looks to try to dye fiber to capture the essence of nature. I love my rose garden and I love this yarn! This weeks Whiplash theme was "creativity." Click on the link to read about Whip Up (a wonderful crafts site) and the Whip Lash competition... Not sure I can enter every week but I love to look at the other entries!

6 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the rose! I wish I could get them to grow - I'm just more of a "thrive or die" girl. It works for desert plants, just not roses and other plants that require lots of care.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Funky Finds said...

absolutely beautiful...and i totally appreciate how hard it must be to dye the yarn when aiming for such a specific color. great job!

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is awesome. your yarn is stunning, and I love Peace roses!

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those roses and the yarn - very nice!

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's truly an amazing colour - both on the yarn and the rose! I think you captured it beautifully! It will make a lovely scarf someday.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger mandy said...

wow, that's amazing. You perfectly captured the colors of the rose. Those are some of my favorite rose colors, when we lived in San Diego we had a couple bushes and the blossoms were gorgeous. i haven't yet ventured into growing roses in VT, but your post is inspiring.

Mandy
greenmountainmama.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home