Thursday, February 02, 2006

So Many Nice Comments..Thank You

I didn't even know that many people read my blog. Thank you for the comments. One thing about blogger that I don't like (unless I have something set up wrong) is when people send me a comment, I do get a copy of it in my email box but I don't have your email address right there to write you back . I notice with some of the other blogging software, they have that feature and its great. Then I would write each person back right away. So if I don't write you back, I am sorry. I usually go to the persons blog (if I have it) and look for the address, but many don't have their email address on their blog either!

So thank you for the comments on my bad day, now a bad week.

Things have been better but this whole week I have been kind of "off" you might say. Just not a good week, but that means it can only get better right? I have tried to just give into a bit and relax and that is all I can do at the moment.

I did a bunch of dyeing yesterday and should have some photos in a few days. I dyed some handspun that Kathy gave me. And I dyed some lovely sock yarn. I am experimenting with lots of different colors and colorways and I keep a journal book of what I did so I can repeat or not.

I finished the back of my Wrap sweater and that was pretty cool. Now I am doing the sleeves and just hoping I am doing them right.

I might head out to Stitch N Bitch Phoenix tonight for a change. I have never been there and then Saturday I am going to go to a first guild meeting of the Arizona spinning and weaving guild. I just got an email (oh no!) that Jessica Knits has a superball sale going on this Sunday and I have to go! I think I will just take a very small amount of cash with me and no credit cards. I really have been wanting some Lorna Laces yarn and its on their list so I hope they have some I like...I love their color combos....

I don't have photos today but well...hmmm, I did also get this sock yarn in Hydrangea from Knitpicks, but it doesn't look in person like this photo!



Happy Thursday night!

Lisa

4 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you feel a bit better. January is always a bad month for me, the winters here in Massachusetts are dark and loooong. Thank goodness February is a short month! Last year on Valentine's day as my husband was leaving for work he says, "You didn't get me a Valentine did you?" and I replied, "Of course I did". He sucked his teeth, let out a big sigh (with attitude) and said, "Then I guess I need a few more dollars so I can grab you a card on my way home". I'm not lying, I am quoting an exact conversation (I have relived it a 1000 times over the past year). I'm still married (lol) and have sort of forgiven the big lug. My point is, even us happily married ladies still have shitty Valentine's days. I used to live in Arizona (Mesa and Tempe). My best friend still lives there and I plan on visiting her soon. When I am there maybe we could get together and dye some wool or meet for coffee and knitting!
Michelle, from Massachusetts
P.S. my husband also forgot my birthday last year (he made up for that in a big way..........big jewelry way!)

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, I am sorry your week turned out to be so cr*ppy. Hopefully things will start to look up soon. I am *trying* to ignore the email I got from Jessica Knits myself. The Lorna's Laces would certainly do me in :D! Have fun at your guild meeting. I need to negotioate with the hubbo on having bimonthly SnB meetings.....What did you get in your Knit Picks haul? And how are the colors compared to the website/catalogue? Talk to you soon.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger blogdog said...

Ooooooh, pretty yarns! When I've had a truly bad day, I go diving in my stash (or in the yarn shop!) for a little color and fiber therapy. It's better than cheap scotch for drowning one's sorrows. :-)

All the puppies are doing wonderfully, and the baby grrrrl is getting bigger all the time! The hair around her eyes is starting to gray out. I hope I can get a good photo to show you. Puppy kisses to you!

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Lisa- don't let the evil people get you down! You're too good of a person to let that happen. Knitting sounds so cathartic- just what everyone needs! Keep your chin up, and next time I am in Phoenix, we're DEFINITELY getting some sushi!!

~Andrea~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home