Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tuesday-What an Awful Day

This was really a BAD DAY. There is no other way to say it. So far I haven't written much personal on this blog but right now I don't care. I feel a need to vent but I won't go on too long. The day started with a mean email from a mean woman. Someone really kind of evil if you ask me. It was very personally attacking and its a long story I won't go into, but this sort of set the tone for the day. All day I was thinking about why are some people just plain mean and not nice people? And why are some people so incredibly self centered? This got me thinking of my recent man friend. I won't go into detail but lets say I won't get the nice Valentine this year that I got last year, I am sure of it. I have really been sad today, totally in a huge funk, the blues, bummed out, depressed.

This afternoon, I laid on the sofa and knit row after row after row of a scarf I am making for my mom. It is a very funky, cool scarf of two yarns put together in black and white. Simple, simple, mindless knitting, back and forth. And I cried my eyes out (Oh I also got my period today and wow, a really bad one, cramps and all). So I cried and knitted, cried and knitted, and now I feel a bit better I guess.

I can always erase this later if I change my mind! (LOL). A huge box arrived from Knitpicks today (YEAH) and I can start back working on my wrap sweater. I do have one photo to show (I also posted this on my new KAL blog Year of the Sweater if you want to peak. I love how the Knit Picks Andean Silk knits up. It is very soft but with a subtle sheen to it and I love this cinammon color. I am glad I can wear these earth colors and they look good on me too.........I am going to finish the neck part of it tonight if I can figure it out and then I think I will do the sleeves next for fun.



I hope I sleep tonight..
Love,
Lisa

6 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough day. It seems like a lot of people I know had bad days today, including myself (nothing major, mostly realizing I forgot to pay bills, took my son to his first day of karate and he cried and wouldn't even put his uniform on which sent me into a panic about how I'm ever going to get him to go to school....).

I don't know why some people are so mean, which reminds me, we got a rude prank call today from someone who asked for my husband by name. That was creepy.

Keep knitting, hopefully it will calm you and make you feel better.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa...sorry on the bad day...man I hate that and cramps to boot too! Ugh...must relax, knit and have some tea and take it easy. Tomorrow will be a better day. I hate it when people are mean...there's no need for it.
~Roxanne~

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger rho said...

you did the right thing -- you vented and knitted - and cried (sometimes that is the best thing to do) - and did something you enjoyed just for you on the day you were crampy and upset too.

mean people suck eggs.... I always tell myself I'm just really glad I'm not married to someone like that (no matter what the person did - if they were rude or mean) because then you would really be stuck with them. UGH!!

 
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Days like that totally bite. But you did the right thing by giving in to it.

Sometimes days like that are good for the soul. You feel all cried out the next day and somehow better.

And you kept knitting!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

So sorry about the rough day!

I hope today is better.

Ugh....mean email and not so great guy.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Turtle Runner said...

*BIG HUGS* to you, and I really like the Andean Silk yarn too. Darn it, I think you've inspired me to buy more yarn that I don't need but really want. Yarn therapy is the best.

Sorry about the mean people too. I don't know why some people are so short-sighted that they only see themselves and don't take other people's feelings into consideration.

I put mean people on *IGNORE*, and remind myself to act like a duck - let their evilness roll right off my back, instead of getting to me.

Forget the dumb guy and V-Day, buy more yarn!!! Eat chocolate, drink some booze (or skip it if you're a non-drinker), and watch movies!

I probably sound like a loony person now - oh well! Crazy people are generally nicer than mean people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home