Monday, January 23, 2006

Spinning Last Thursday!

I have to write about spinning day! Last Thursday, Kathy and her puppy Cupcake came over for a visit and spinning. Cupcake is quite a little dog! My boys loved her. At first, there was a lot of noise and I never thought they would mellow out but they did! Cupcake even learned to swim! She ran around the backyard and dove a perfect swandive into the pool (without knowing what she was doing, I might add!!). It was funny beyond words, except of course that she had been all beautifully groomed beforehand. Oh well. She still managed to spend the rest of the day laying in front of the mirror admiring herself. And hiding from Bailie and Pepe. Here is a photo of Ms Cuppy.

Kathy spent most of the day on my new wheel. Did I even touch it?? (LOL) But it was fun and I learned a lot. Here is a photo of her spinning and then one of the bobbin up close! Can you see Cupcake staring at herself in the mirror behind Kathy? That is what she did all day!! Now I need to practice, practice, practice, and I have some kind of fear around this I don't understand. She also brought me a saw to use for cutting notches in the spindles I am making. I have to finish these spindles this week!




Here's a photo of the Moody Blues roving after it was dyed and then all spun up. SIGH SIGH SIGH. It is SO PRETTY and SO SOFT. After plying, there is only about 20 plus yards and I want more!!! I have to make something of this. I read in the recent New York Times article on spinning that most spinners don't even use their yarn! That is not going to be me! I will use it, sell it or give it away! Of course some will be beautifully presented around the house as works of art but away from Bailie!



Happy Monday!

Lisa

7 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, that is really pretty yarn!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Love it, hope my spinning improves soon!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your yarn is gorgeous! I'm always amazed at how different the finished yarn looks from the roving!

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Lisa...WTG!
~Roxanne~

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Annette said...

Hi, it's lovely yarn, but the pictures of your bobbin and finished yarn are underneath your side bar in different browsers. You may want to try lining them up vertically rather than horizontally.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger YarnB said...

Thanks all for the comments. Annette, tried to write you but I can't get it to go through. My blog always looks great on explorer but I have problems on Firefox. I can't figure it out! I adjusted the photos but there are two other problems. Anyone know how to adjust the html code to move things over??

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger octopusgrrl said...

Beautiful blues, Lisa! I need to do some more spinning practice this weekend - we will get there, I know we will!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home