Friday, May 05, 2006

Summer Garden Colors

I wish I would hear back from my secret pal for the DyeORama Swap. I have emailed her once and posted on her blog once. Then I would know what she likes so I could save one of the new colors for her. It is taking me FOREVER to reskein all the yarns I did last week for some reason. Maybe it is because I keep getting interuppted or maybe it is because it kills my neck to use the niddy noddy. I just found out I may have a new herniated disc below my surgery site of last year. This is not good news and I hope I don't need more surgery or I will be out of commission with dyeing and spinning, that is for sure. I see my neurosurgeon next week.

I wanted to do a lot of "fresh" bright and light colorways this time. Here are a few of them. There are 3 or 4 more coming.....Probably better to split up the posts anyhow.

This first one I called Peach Pie because it did remind me of that and I couldn't come up with anything else either....


This next one I called Raspberries, Chocolate and Cream. Pink and browns together are really one of my favorites. I'd actually like a room in those colors although it wouldn't go well in my current house.


Here is a new version of the Peace Rose called Peace Rose Two. I ended up using brighter pinks and peaches and so even though it is similar it is not exactly the same. I love this color combo. I really do.....


And last one for now is Lime-Lemon Twist. I am so into lime this year. I always liked that color but now I just love it. I want to use it everywhere! I am lucky that I can wear lime too and a lot of people can't...I want to make a lime lace shell that I saw. I just need to get the yarn and pattern. I want to use Debbie Bliss Pure silk for it and I hope it comes in lime. I think it does! I will show you the pattern when I get it and the yarn.

Here is one new "prop" I tried and I am not sure about it! But I have lots more ideas. I never thought photographing yarn and fiber would be so much fun!! All these yarns are at the ETSY store of course. More colors coming soon. I LOVE COLOR AND I LOVE DYEING. I LOVE SPINNING TOO!!!


Lisa

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I love all your new color ways. Great job. I'm having the same problem with my Dye O rama partner.
I don't understand why she hasn't emailed me back. I have an idea from her blog, so I guess I'll just go with that. I'd like to go ahead and get this dyed this week.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I love all your new color ways. Great job. I'm having the same problem with my Dye O rama partner.
I don't understand why she hasn't emailed me back. I have an idea from her blog, so I guess I'll just go with that. I'd like to go ahead and get this dyed this week.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I really love the Raspberries, Chocolate and Cream color combo!!! Beautiful!!!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh Yum! all those colors are stunning :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home