Sunday, March 05, 2006

Such a BUSY week

BLOGGER IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! For three days I have been trying to post this and I can't post photos! Anyone else have this problem with blogger??

I think this is the longest I have gone without posting! I have been so so busy and the coming week is just as busy! I have people visiting from out of town. And also lots of plans with different people each day, plus I started a new class. But only two more months, two more classes and I'll have my doctorate! Whew!

Here are the knitting/fiber highlights. First, my friend Linda was visiting last weekend from Portland. On Friday, we went to Jerome, Arizona. I LOVE Jerome. It is a town on the top of a mountain that was once a mining town. Then it was a ghost town and now it is a little artists haven full of shops mostly. I LOVED the knitting store there called Knit1Bead2. Take a look through their website. It is one of the most beautiful yarn stores I have been too honestly. I could have spent hours there. It is a real gem! The gorgeous yarns are organized by color. I really need to get back there when I have more time and can relax a bit in the store looking at things!

On Saturday ,we went to the Fountain Hills Arts/Crafts show. I really didn't see anything I wanted suprisingly.

This was my fun mail package for the week! I signed up for one of these secret sisters swaps. And...look what my secret sister sent me all the way from Florida! All of the materials to make this adorable hat called Odessa by Grumperina (aka Kathy). That will be very fun to knit. She put other fun goodies in there too. THANKS secret sis even though you are not a secret anymore!

On Tuesday, I had knitting class and we learned cables. This was very exciting to me for some reason. I also bought this incredibly beautiful yarn by Trendsetter called Dune. This picture doesn't even do it justice. It is so pretty it is unreal... I am going to make a lacy shawl with it.


This week is also very busy. I am headed to the dog show Monday. On Tuesday I have knitting and my spinning class starts. Then I have friends from Boston coming and I don't even remember what else, but there is more. Oh yeah, two parties over the weekend!! Sounds fun, but I am truly a homebody and need a lot of downtime, so we'll see.....

Well, must run.

Love, Lisa

3 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Great yarn!

Have a fun week and maybe catch some rest in between all your fun plans.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, that's blogger for ya...LOL Nice yarn too...pretty!
~Roxanne~

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger turned me mad, that's why I changed to typepad. Eventhough I have to pay some ($9 a month I think) it's soooo worth it!

I hope you're not too busy enjoying all your friends visiting you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home