Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Ladder Shawl-The Yummy Drop Stitch

The photos really do not do this shawl justice! I need to get some close up photos of the drop stitch pattern and some of a model (me?) wearing it. It is so beautiful! First of all the yarn is incredible. It is a thick and thin hand dyed cotton.

It is called Patagonia Natures Cotton, made by a company called Araucania It is very very soft and has a beautiful texture and the colors are various shades of light greens. I just love it. Wish I had some better photos.


The other project I finished recently which I love is the Multidirectional Scarf from the book Modular Knits. I LOVE modular knitting and just about every project in this book. I highly recommend it and the Multidirectional Knitting yahoo group. I am about to start an unusual poncho in some merino yarn that I handdyed myself and it will be woven with some silk ribbon. It should be truly unique. I used this great ArtYarns yarn in black and white and gray. This supermerino yarn is SO soft it is incredible. It is hard to even believe it is wool. This is another one where the picture doesn't do it justice. But I felt I had to put these up on the blog and also in my 2006 gallery. This scarf is beautiful and goes with a lot of different things.



I have a TON of new photos of other things to post in the next few days. I have a few new dyeing projects and a brand new beautiful "toy" that I bought today. Photos soon.......

Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home