Saturday, May 06, 2006

Beautiful Stone Whorl Spindles

April, from Woolyvines, and I have gone in on a little joint venture in the YarnBotanika shop. I met April at a spinning class recently and I started reading her blog. You should too! I saw her beautiful spindles, and because I am so always attracted to everything earthy including gems or stones, I fell in love with them. I asked her if she would be willing to put some in the spindle kits I was already making. They are made of many beautiful stones, each one being completely different. Some have one stone and some have two on them. Here are a few photos of the kits which I put in the shop.



I am pretty excited about this! Plus soon, these kits with Kathy's spindles and April's spindles _(Note to Kathy: you need a blog!!!) along with the handpainted rovings are going to be in one of my favorite on-line shops called ZenYarnGarden, along with the beautiful handpainted yarns made by Roxanne. I am excited to have the products in her Canadian shop and so are April and Kathy. Soon (someday?) we hope to have hand-turned exotic wood spindles too made by Kathy.

I have met such great people through this hobby. It really has been amazing actually. And some neat people from all over the world!

Today, I went to the Arizona Desert Spinning and Weavers Guild meeting and that was fun. Too much food!! Then I came home and made batts on the drum carder that I have here that Terry from the Fiber Factory lent me. (Check out their new and updated web page!) I had fun carding blue faced leicester, soy silk, cashmere and sparkles and I will show you some of the batts tomorrow when I can take some more photos in the sunlight. Now, I have to get one of these drum carders. I love blending all the fibers and colors. I can not do it often though as it definitely strains my neck and I am very very sore tonight.

I need to get back to knitting. I am really missing it. I have have have to finish my wrap sweater. It is SO close to being done!

Go over to April's blog since it is new and say hi to her! And see her pretty spindles if you scroll down. I also have her button on my sidebar now. She also has a new drumcarder named "munch" and she is having a lot of fun making batts on her. Is "munch" a she? or a HE? Hmmmm. LOL

Lis

8 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

The spindles are very cool!

I will not learn to spin, I will not learn to spin.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Those spindles are really wonderful. Does the weight help them spin a long time? Tempting!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger K. said...

i haven't really decided on a specific drum carder. it will probably be a last minute decision, but i'm looking in the 400-500 range. probably a louet. i'm so jealous you have access to a stauch drum carder! that must be so fabulous. i've been making dinky little rolags on my ashford hand carders. maybe we can do a fiber swap sometime. :)

what i really want but can't have until i'm rich--a pat green supercard. (drool)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Turtle Runner said...

Gorgeous spindles, they really tempt the rock hound in me!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

oh how wonderful for you and April too to have stuff up in the ZenYarnGarden shop! :D

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Congratulations on all your new opportunties! I'm so jealous! : )

I love the stone spindles...they'll go perfectly with your goregous fibers.

I wish you tons of luck!!!

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the stone whorl spindles but can't get in to the etsy shop. Have no idea why but downloads are extremely slow even though I'm on a cable modem. Anyway..is there a way to buy direct? I don't need fiber or instructions...just the spindle. pam at keltickrafts.com Thanks, Pam

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now when would I have time to keep up a blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home