Thursday, April 13, 2006

Too Much Fun - Color Mania!

It is amazing how excited I get over color and yarns. Really it is.

Can you see why I named this colorway "Bluebells?" See the flower followed by the yarn. Its not exact but finding names for various colorways is not always easy. If I create the colorway from the inspiration of a plant it is easier of course but if you are doing a bunch of dyeing it is hard to do that. Also, I need to very soon figure out how to use yahoo flickr to post photos so I can do them differently, like next to each other . I have seen others do that!




This one is called Rainforest. I really go for the greens myself and a few more are coming.. Lots more re-skeining to do but I can only do it in small time frames!


Just had to share my color mania! The possibilities are endless. I think I am going to do some interesting earth tone mixtures next time I dye. They aren't as colorful, but they go with so much and they are so pretty. I just need some new dyes. I am going to try a new dye company, Standard Dye. If you like dyeing, I highly recommend the Dyehappy list on yahoo. It is a nice group. There is another dye list, but it is too huge for me.

Happy Day

5 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY CREATIVE!!!
AWESOME WORK! :o)

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Tempe Yarn said...

Oh my goodness, I love both of those colorways so much! Good work!

 
At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty. If we'd hurry up and get some flowers to bloom in Vermont, maybe I could be inspired, too!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

*drool* a adore the bluebell colorway!
I've had one in my head just like that for blending...I just don't have the fibers on hand to execute it quite right!

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, I really love the bluebell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home