Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday night

Hi,
I just felt like writing a bit. It has been kind of a rough week. I had PMS followed by an awful stomach flu-YUCK. I really haven't been knitting much at all lately I realize. I am going to try to focus a bit more on that this week. Part of that is because I am still trying hard to finish my wrap sweater. I just posted an update on that over at the Year of the Sweater KAL. I have another more lightweight sweater started and I'll post soon about that.

I have been really enjoying spinning! I only do an hour or so a night as it is a bit hard on my neck and back. I am still looking for just the right spinning chair. Here is a yarn I finished this week that I am just in love with. I started it in the color blending class last week or so. It has different colors of merino in it (mint and light blue) along with some dyed Falkland wool in spearmint and blue and some kelly green merino and white blue faced leicester (SO SOFT) with some touches of firestar sparkle throughout it. It is really pretty (I think anyhow). It looks better in person as you can't see the sparkle really in the photographs.


I am not sure if I am going to keep this yarn ( I am calling it Mint Julep) or if I will sell it, but I really like it so I might keep it. I am starting a scarf with the 350 yards or so of handspun I finished from Stephanie's Twilight batts.
Here is what is on the bobbin right now. It is a heavenly blend of merino and silk. I had never spun silk before and I just love it. I can't imagine doing anything but luxury fibers again being the snob I am!!


Good night.Back to the merino and silk!!

Lisa

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger JRS said...

Hi Lisa!
First of all, thank you so much for your supportive comments on my blog the past couple of weeks. I'm sorry to hear that you went through the same experience with your father. It's so frustrating, isn't it? I am ashamed to admit that I am one of those people who had never heard of pancreatic cancer before this (didn't even know what the pancreas did...). Yes, my mom did find the JH site. She tried to get into a few different studies but got disqualified for all of them. But, she is taking a supplement created by researchers at Purdue that is all natural (green tea and pepper powder) that seems to be having a positive effect. I'm all for the natural treatments!

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling, but good on you for your sweater progress. I am going to finish my sockapaloooza socks this week, and then finish the baby sweater (it only needs the v-neck ribbing and then to be put together) and then I will cast on for the Hourglass sweater--I found Noro Cash Iroha on sale!

Thanks again for your comments--it meant a lot to hear from someone who knows how I feel!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Lisa,
Can I ask you what dye you use to make your fantastic yarn?
As you know from my blog I'm going to start with Kool Aid but I was thinking if I really like this I would get some acid dyes but I'm not sure what to get.
You commented on the book I just bought (dying to knit)I really like it. it has some fun projects and the dying instructions are pretty straight forward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home