Sunday, March 26, 2006

Frustrated with Blogger but Fiber News Still!

I am unable to post photos again!! I will try to put them into this post later. I wonder if it is my computer? I am one of those crazy people who still have dial up and I need to change very soon to DSL/cable. I have been afraid to do it only because I am in the middle of my online school program and I would hate to have things mess up!

I have been very busy between spinning class and practice, knitting, school and trying to finish taxes for both my mom and I. I have a big exam this week and once that is over I will feel more relaxed. Then only ONE MORE MONTH of school to go. YIPPEE.

My spinning is going well and I am sad this week is our last week of class at the Fiber Factory. But, I did sign up for a color blending class at our new store Tempe Yarn and Fiber for April 8th. I dropped in there the other night and bought this beautiful fiber batt (merino and angelina) made by Stephanie of Spritely Goods. I am going to start spinning it this afternoon!! It is very pretty!



I also bought this gorgeous hand dyed superwash merino at the Fiber Factory..Yummy, yummy!

I am definitely a fiber junkie, no question about it. I bought these two big baskets at IKEA the other day to keep some of my growing fiber stash in, along with a straight back wood chair for spinning. The chair was only 19.00 and the baskets only 10.00 each or something crazy like that!! These are just the "for show" fiber containers. I have quite a few more ugly ones filled to the brim with stuff! The problem is I am not a hoarder type. I like neatness so this abundance of yarn and fiber is getting more difficult for that obsessive compulsive side of me, but oh so much fun. Now I just need to set up my "spinning corner" and I am trying to decide which room in my house to put it in. I was going to put it here in my office, but the fiber flies all over including into the keyboard so I am not sure it is a good idea.......

In other news, I am very excited that Kristin and I are planning our trip to the Estes Park Wool Market in Colorado! YIPPEE!!!!!!! I am going to meet her for java now to discuss our plans!


Happy Sunday. I will try to put in missing photos later!

Love, Lisa

2 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Great photos.

Love the baskets....I need to go to Ikea one of these days.

Congrats to Adam!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

oooh! Estes Park! What fun!

Oooh! my batt! even more fun! (for me anyhow ;) ) please do show us what you turned it into!

And not to enable you or anything, I finally posted the new colorways on my shop :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home