Friday, February 10, 2006

Scottsdale Stitch N Bi*&H!

Last night we had a small but fun Stitch N Bitch meeting in Scottsdale at the Coffee Plantation. There were only three of us but we talked about many topics including our favorite yarns!

Here is a photo of Kirsten holding up the back of her BEAUTIFUL Noro Cynthia Sweater. This sweater is SO adorable and the Noro Silk colorway she is using is amazing really. The colors are so vibrant and Noro Silk has such a neat texture to it.


Here is Kirsten helping Jodi (my sister) with her shawl. Jodi dropped some stitches. She is making a beautiful sweater out of No No Kitty yarn mixed with hot pink mohair and some lovely novelty yarn she bought at Jessica Knits on Sunday. This shawl is going to be amazing. The colors are hot pinks, other pinks with some oranges. Photos don't do it justice.



I finished one hat for the Dulaan project. Here I am, looking absolutely ridiculous in this large warm hat! Gosh do I look like a total dork and man, got to get back on my diet, but anyhow.........some sweet (and freezing) child in Mongolia I am sure will appreciate the warmth and lively colors! My goal is to make one hat a month until July and then they will be shipped to Mongolia. The Dulaan project is great if you want to check it out, click on their name to view the website. They are very organized and have suggested patterns for you! I put another photo of the hat by itself so you can see it. It literally took about 90 minutes to make the whole thing. I used this bulky Jiffy Lion brand yarn because it is machine washable. The pattern was on the side of the yarn. I am going to make different hat patterns and also try some mittens for this project.



Kirsten is going to set up our Scottsdale meetings for twice a month and hopefully we will draw new people as we go along. It is so fun to have a meeting close to home and I really enjoy talking to others about my obsession!!

Happy Friday, UGH..I have GOT to go study for my Audiology test. I want to knit and dye and spin, but I can't! I have to instead study vestibular evaluation and treatment. UGH UGH UGH!! Well...I did dye 7 skeins of yarn while studying. They are COOLING now. LOTS of photos of dye projects coming soon! :)

Love, Lisa

1 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Looks like fun! I need to find a local stitch n' bitch. There's social knitting on Wednesdays at the yarn shop, but I think it would be more fun to stich with people I knew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home