Sunday, November 12, 2006

No No Knitting....

I am in knitting withdrawl because I have just been opening boxes and entering items into the inventory for One Planet Yarn and Fiber which should be open by next week by the way. I know the blog is still hard to read for some, but it will be fixed soon! It appears to affect Mac and Firefox users but no one else.

I love knitting and find it so relaxing so I miss it. But I have to say it is fun opening these boxes too. I'll show you some of the stuff that showed up in the mail last week. And more photos all week.

First, from A Piece of Vermont beautiful hand dyed yarns. I always loved reading Jessie's blog and we got to know each other a bit when she was selling her beautiful Vermont farmhouse and I wanted to buy it! I wish! Her yarns are beautiful. Here is just one to show you....


What I find amazing about all the yarns I am seeing is there are really only so many dye methods, or dyes or yarns out there, yet everyone does it so uniquely. Jessie has this way of getting tiny bits of different colors throughout her yarns and it is just so incredibly beautiful. Jessie, I want to sometime come dye with you up in your new house and I want to feed the chickens while I am there!

I then unpacked these amazing yarns from a lovely woman named Manasi who owns Monsoon Winds at ETSY.com. She also goes by the name Yarnahoy. I will come back and put the link here, because ETSY is down right now. Manasi grew up in India and it refects in all the fiber that she does. Her yarns are simply beautiful and they are very varied. Here is one my favorite of her handspun yarns.



Manasi also does beautiful weaving. She is going to be getting some other items for us from India for the store. Chakras, Tahkli spindles and handwovens from India to add to our One Planet international mode.

One more photo. A photo of one of the incredible Needle Rolls from Honeycake Designs, also on ETSY. Jen is an amazing young woman! We met when she first opened her ETSY shop and I drooled over her items. She makes beautiful containers for dpns, crochet hooks, straight needles etc. You'll see them all at the new site, but here is just one of my favorites. This one is for storing circular needles:
IMG_2894

One thing I feel incredibly lucky about are the people that are working with us or supplying to us. They are the nicest, as well as the most talented group of people, I have ever met. How lucky we are.

More later, yarns from England, patterns, more incredible needles and kits, etc.....

I have to go take more photos...

I wish I could just knit today!

1 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

Absolutely amazing yarns and stuff...I CAN'T WAIT for the shop to be open!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home