Thursday, October 26, 2006

Do you get Spin-Off Magazine?

I am pretty excited about this so I am sharing a bit early! If you do not get Spin Off magazine, pick up the next issue when it is out! The spindle kits that are a collaboration between Yarn Botanika, Woolyvines and Knitted Bits are going to be in there, live photos and all!! The magazine mails to its subscribers in just a few weeks so I am not that premature in filling you in!

We are all pretty excited and there is a lot to do before hand to get ready.......!! It is amazing too what working together can bring to a project and it also makes it much more fun and rewarding.

If you haven't seen the Traveler Kits, here are a few photos of previous ones. Knitted Bits makes the spindle bags, Woolyvines, the stone spindle and Yarn Botanika dyes the fiber to match or tries to dye the fiber to match. I just ordered five more pounds of blue faced leicester to make up more kits. These kits literally sell out usually within a week of posting them... There is also just a regular spindle kit. Really the main attractions are April's spindles which are just so unique and beautiful! And then I think the color matching of the fiber and bag.....!!



Pretty cool!! We can't wait to see it.... The only disappointing thing is I felt I could not give the new parent store One Planet Yarn and Fiber yet as I am not 100% sure it will be open then although I think it will be! So we listed the spindles and kits for sale at the Yarn Botanika ETSY shop, Woolyvines and Kpixie.com. But I can always put a post up at the ETSY shop.....!! Any of you who have ever done a web site know it takes longer than you might think although it REALLY is coming along great!

Night!

4 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

That is fantastic! Can't wait to get the mag. I've been dying for one of those spindles myself. Had my eye on a gorgeous blue one, but by the time my mom sent me my b-day money to get it it was gone! Literally -- it sold hours b4. :( I'm sure the new kits will be just as beautiful. And on the web-site note, I hear ya! It is taking months to get mine done! ARG!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Congrats on the Spin Off Magazine includsion! I'll have to go get my first copy of the mag. Can not wait for this store to be open! :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

It's possible that my review of Arctic Lace is also in this issue of Spin Off (or perhaps the next one, but it could be this one). That's so exciting!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

how exciting! i'll have to pick up a copy when it hits the newsstands!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home