Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tons of New Items in the ETSY SHOP

I feel like this blog is turning more commercial and I have mixed feelings about that. I don't really like it and it is going to change a bit soon, just so you all know. I think once the new website One Planet Yarn and Fiber is up and running, I am going to turn this back into more of a personal blog where I show and talk about things that I am playing with, or developing for One Planet Yarn and Fiber. Since that is mostly what I'll be doing... It isn't my company, I am really more of the creative, idea gal. That is the role I love too. Coming up with ideas, and products for the store. The store is actually owned by another and the whole thing is really a team effort! Still, my influence is all over it!!

Anyhow, I just wanted to tell everyone to please go take a look at the Yarn Botanika ETSY shop because I just spent about 3 hours listing all of the new kits and yarns. All the Black Pearl cashmere yarns are listed there, along with the Knit Kits from the Garter Belt Team..... We are still waiting on one more Garter Belt project from Wendy in Italy and I can't wait to see hers! Hers is due here the end of this month.

The kits and yarns for Element, Autumn Walk and Mentionable are all posted though....!!

Element:

Element 4

Autumn Walk:

AW2m

Mentionable:

CamoCami3


More soon. I think one of the most exciting things I am involved with now is talking to some incredibly talented designers about all of the patterns they are creating for Black Pearl yarns and Yarn Botanika. And also some of the new yarns that One Planet might be carrying, and talking to people from other countries. It has been pretty exciting I have to say. I have had a few negative experiences in this knitting and yarn world that put me off. I had to stop myself from blogging about the few petty, jealous and insecure people in the dye world, some big and huge egos in this online world.... but I have to say that for the most part 98%, no 99% of the people I have met are not like that and simply love what they are doing. I figure that small 1-2 % will crash and burn at some point or choke on their own egos...!! I do believe in karma.

Have a good day. Time for me to rest.........and have some lunch!!

5 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

hi Lisa, I love the Autumn walk scarf.
Anyway I am emailing you to ask a question. I got a new computer this weekend and although I can log into Blogger I can't get in to my own blog or blogs that I am a member of. Any suggestions?
You can post an answer on the sweater blog and I'll check there. unless you have my email still.
Stephanie

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger YarnB said...

Steph, I don't see your email to answer you!! Are you logging into blogger with your old user name and password?? The same one?? It sounds like you are logging in under a different one...(?)

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Hey! Hope I'm one of the nice ones! ;) Everything looks great -- what a ton of work to get all that listed. Good luck! ~heather

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Hi Lisa,
I just received my kit from etsy and I have to tell you, the yarn made me gasp! I got the green colorway and it is so beautiful. The tiniest bit of red...brilliant! I am so excited to see how it will knit up.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger YarnB said...

Yes, some of the skeins had touches of red that come from the brown dye that is used. What is interesting about handpainting yarn is no matter HOW CAREFUL we are, each skein is slightly different from the next, but they all do really blend. I can't wait to see yours! Thanks for the note!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home