Thursday, October 26, 2006

You are never really anonymous:)

I have been catching up on my blog reading, and I came across a great discussion on communication on the internet. They were talking about how people sometimes say things via email or on a blog that they would never say otherwise. This person posting happened to get quite a few nasty anonymous posts on their blog. Well. I had never gotten one before ever, but this week I got my very first one. What was interesting about it, is when I read the anonymous comment, I had a strong suspicion who it was from. Sure enough, I was able to trace the IP address and with the help of an ISP provider was able to confirm my suspicions. The lessons learned are one is really ever totally anonymous online even if they think they are and also, wow envy and greed sure are horrible personality traits! It is pretty easy to trace who sent an an anonymous comment by the way, so it really is smart (and kind) to think before sending something to another person that you wouldn't just say to their face.

It is amazing how the internet had changed our culture. I see so much more greed and narcissism in our society and also a lack of kindness towards others. It really is food for thought.

This has been a super busy week. Lots of dyeing and I have been trying to input products into the One Planet Yarn and Fiber store. There are boxes coming from all over the world.

I am have been also excited to see the photos of the work of some of the designers coming in.

Look at this gorgeous hand dyed ribbon that Melissa picked out to go with her cashmere sweater pattern. The entire sweater is just incredible and we hope to do the photo shoot with it this weekend.. I really have such incredible respect for designers after the last few months. It is just amazing watching the entire project go from the initial idea to completion! I can't wait for all of you to see the finished patterns, etc...

Isn't this ribbon beautiful? And the color of this ginger peach cashmere, I just love it......

4 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm sad to hear that you got a not so nice comment. I don't understand why people feel the need to do that at all!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Hi Lis,
Don't let the world change your mind. Keep adding up the positve and let go of the negative. As far as I'm concerned, even the time you spend trying to figure out who sent the comment gives that person far too much of your beautiful energy. I know you are sensitive. Just push 'delete' and keep your head to the sky!
Can't wait to see your new creations!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Sheesh! What is this woman's problem? Whatever caused the rift, wouldn't it just be easier to not do anything at all, rather than go out of her way to try to upset you? Life's too short -- and it will only bite her in the butt in the long run. Karma is an exacting mistress. Love the sweater -- so far! you really MUST stop teasins us! I hope to have my package in the mail to you by Saturday. If need be, I'll send this one, and then a follow up when the rest is done. Love ya! h

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger YarnB said...

You all make good comments! Actually though, I felt better knowing who the comment was from. It also made me realize the whole anonymous notion in case I ever am tempted to leave an anonymous blog comment. I do not like the blogs where people slam others knitting as an example. I think they are beyond negative as there is something for everyone.. Who needs to spend their time pointing out the negative instead of the beautiful? Kind of says somehting about people. And also the people who write thinking no one can find out who they are, are quite wrong about that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home