Saturday, October 21, 2006

So behind on everything

Where does the time go? How can it really almost be November? I feel like the days just speed by but that I don't accomplish anything! Do others feel like that? I was excited to finally get all of my knitting projects organized into these baskets I bought at a really cool new store called Storables. They have amazing things and I want to organize my whole house!

Thanks to Kirsten's suggestions,the bottem basket has all of the yarn for my projects that are "in progress." The top basket has each project with its needles all organized. These are just the projects that are already in the works. I love it!

I am almost finished with my Noni bag. Only three more flowers to go. What a fun knit and felting, wow!! I am making the bobble bag next for my mom and the baguette bag for my sister.
IMG_2506
I also finished this gorgeous scarf using handspun by Rachael Dow of RMD Designs. Her yarns are just unbelievable. We are going to be carrying them in One Planet Yarn and Fiber. Look at this new yarn she just sent me. Yes, I did drool when I opened the package.
IMG_2482

And here is the scarf with her yarn I am just finishing. I just am adding some fringe on with some pretty ribbon yarn.
IMG_2507
The website is coming along but very very slow! But it is going to be absolutely gorgeous thanks to the hard work of several including Missa, midnight knitter, from Kpixie.com.

There are a lot of new patterns coming. If you check out the blogs of Gina, Melissa and Miriam you will just see a few glimpses!

Back to work on the website , more skeining (blchhhh), and have to dye this week! Now I know where all the time goes and why I haven't even been to a movie in months! I definitely need to get back to having more balance!

Happy weekend!
YarnB

6 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Everything looks great!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Wow- that indoor studio really helps you take even MORE amazing pictures. I love love love that scarf!

I am secretly in love with baskets. I could swear off all other forms of organization for baskets. Those are super cute!

And you're right- is it really nearly November?? WHEW!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

That bag is great! Wow, yummy yarn, too! I like the idea of one basket for each project. Those are nice looking baskets...wow...your scarf is super pretty!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger soapy said...

everything looks great! Love the baskets!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE, love, love that yarn... how very cool and it knitted up so gorgeous in that scarf pattern! Will it be available in a kit (hint, can't wait)? Thank you for getting my rum raisin done this week - can't wait to get my kit! GREAT baskets too! Storage is KEY in our house... never enough.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that I made the bobble Noni bag and I only used 1/2 the quantity of bobbles. I took a class and I am an experienced knitter and felter. I missed the final class and when I returned to the store I was informed that I needed only 1/2 the qty. of bobbles.

The LYS also had a truck show of Noni's bag and her bobble bag was large than mine. I hope this helps.

By the way I bought the YB spindle kit from KPixie and love it. Best of luck with your new venture, Black Pearl Yarn.

Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home