Thursday, November 02, 2006

Every day feels like a holiday

Every day now a package seems to come to either my house or my sisters house. It really is quite fun opening these things up!

By the way, the new blog is set up. Take a peek!!!! Put it on bloglines, please!! Then I can go back eventually to Yarn Botanika being my knitting blog!

There is also a pretty button here that you can put on your site if you are so inclined! The store is so cool, with stuff from all around the planet, that believe me you will want to at least look!



Here is a peek at a few things that came in this week.

Lots of Chiagoo knitting needles, made in China of mosa bamboo, which I just love for some reason. I once tried the other "C" bamboo needles and I hated them. The finish wore off really quickly. These are great and the finish so far has not worn off and I have been knitting with one pair for months now...
My creation

Some fantastic wool wash from SOAK in Canada arrived. It comes in incredible fragrances, no rinsing required and great packaging too. SoakStarter

And the most fun, although this is just glimpse,the amazing new Lanas Pura Yarns from Uruguay. This is our new line of yarns, handpainted by artisans just for us in about every knitting weight imaginable. We started with just the lace and fingering, but we'll be adding quite a bit more in solids and handpainted. Here are photos of the lace weight in "periwinkle rose" and the fingering in "desert bloom." Many many more to come!
My creation

Back to trying to get the shop open!

6 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Lisa, I believe blogger has an option to where you can have people register to log-in and comment on your blog. I don't think any of us would mind doing so, and maybe you can screen who registers? Worth looking into.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

i'll have to grab a button and put it on my blog!

hmm a cyber-stalker huh? that doesn't sound too good. unfortunatly i have no advice on that one.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Nora said...

I love your yarns. Do u ship to Australia?

http://black-dog-knits.blogspot.com

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger YarnB said...

Yes we definitely ship to Australia. We are actually going to have some great yarns in the new shop from Australia from a great fiber artist and later from another company maybe!

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa --

Glad to see what you've been up to these days! You need a new background for the One Planet blog, though. With small black print, the blue background renders it unreadable.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Hi Lisa, I just added the ONYF blog on my list and also grabbed the button and linked to the site! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home