Thursday, September 21, 2006

Headaches and Fiber Therapy

I have been suffering from a horrible headache for 8 straight days. Finally right now at this moment I have some relief and it is amazing, the difference in my mood! At first I thought maybe it was just PMS, or perhaps dye chemicals or doing too much. But it turned out to be mostly muscular from my neck. Anyhow, if anyone got a note from me and I was grouchy, then you know why.... I normally don't post a lot of personal things on here....but I like to now and then....

When I was up at night and couldn't sleep, I started doing some spinning again which was wonderful. I realized also this week that I have just not gotten in enough personal craft time and I really miss that. I have a pound of CORMO fiber that I bought from a small farm in Northern California. A few months ago, I was obsessed with CORMO sheep. I still want to own some quite badly. I have this fantasy of moving to northern California or Colorado (definitely somewhere COOLER) and having just maybe 6 sheep and two alpacas and a horse and of course a few dogs....

Anyhow, Cormo are very special sheep. The fiber is very very soft... it averages in the 17 -23 micron range and it should be a pure pure white. I saw some raw Cormo fleece at ESTES Park in Colorado and I really wanted one, but I knew I didn't have much spinning time. Next year, I think I will definitely buy a whole fleece and have it processed with maybe 20 or 30% silk and add some pure white alpaca in too. But by itself, it is luscious! I couldn't tell when I was spinning it really, but after it was washed and dried, it fluffed up to this incredibly soft skein of yarn and then I dyed it. Here are a few photos of it when I finished it. This is about 244 yards too! And I still have almost a whole pound left! Oh I wish you all could FEEL this yarn. It is so fluffy and soft. I think I like it more than merino! I just bought this gorgeous new pattern at KPIXIE called the Rosebuds, Ribbons and Bells Shawl. Take a peek at the pattern. Isn't it nice?It has three lace patterns in it. I was thinking of making it in cream colored cashmere, but my other option is to spin up enough of the natural cormo to use! Decisions, decisions!

Here is my Blue Lagoon Cormo handspun that I just finished:

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

I"m so sorry for your headaches..believe me...I know your pain. I love cormo, too. I have some luscious cormo/silk that I got from Sheep and Wool that I have yet to spin up. Your blue handspun is just WOW!!! Love it! Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger natasha said...

i have been feeling funky lately, too, and lots of headaches. i wonder if it is a lunar thing with the seasonal changes? we are just sensitive creative ladies, i reckon.

i have been wondering how ya are...

try to take it easy and do something that you like doing. or eat something nice. or get a massage! even better. and then eat something yummy.

xoxoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home