Saturday, September 16, 2006

Black Pearl Yarns-Designers

Hi,

I told some of you recently about Black Pearl Yarns, but since then, I have had quite a few readers subscribe, thank you. Please take a look at the blog and sign up on bloglines to read about it. Black Pearl Yarns is a new company that will feature truly luxury yarn all the way from Asia. No, it is not my company, for some of you have asked, but I am helping a bit with it. I know that Black Pearl signed designed contracts with some fantastic knit and crochet designers. There will be designer bios shown on the blog. The first bio on there is about Melissa Wehrle, who is a very talented young designer. We can't wait to see what her first cashmere design will be!

Here is a really cute sweater design that Melissa did for HipKnits. It is available here on their website. Wow, and Hipknits has some really cool yarns. I have been wanting to feel that banana yarn!



I was doing some dyeing and playing with colors the past few weeks with the Black Pearl Yarns and here are a few photos. This yarn is the cashmere and silk yarn and I was playing with some semi-solid colors. I know the first yarns Black Pearl Yarns will have will be pure cashmere, without silk. And they are all solid colors. The pure cashmere is a very high quality. It feels literally like velvet. The silk and cashmere yarns are also really beautiful. After dyeing, they have the appearance of a silky suade. These yarns are for sale in the Yarn Botanika shop if anyone is interested. They are slightly reduced since they were for my color experiments but they are gorgeous!

The colors are from top to bottom, SLATE, PINK SAND PEARL and DUSK.

My creation

There are a few more coming that are drying!

Within a few weeks, the Black Pearl Yarns will be available exclusively at KPixie.com, in the Black Pearl ETSY shop and in a new shop called One Planet Yarn and Fiber, which will be coming soon. More about that soon.

Have a great day. I have a date with my skeiner for the weekend.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

The dyed yarns are very beautiful....wow!

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Scarves For All Reasons said...

Very nice post regarding Blackpearlyarns I will look for them on you etsy shop You also have very nice yarns thanks for tip regarding the new supplier.
Karen Austin

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger natasha said...

they look amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home