Monday, July 10, 2006

This New Merino and Tencel Yarn

I really love this new Merino and Tencel yarn. It looks like silk in a way, it has such a nice shine and it takes the dye very well. I think I sent kpixie 12 or 14 skeins and they were sold within 24 hours! So I think I better get some more! I just love the shine and I am going to use some for a project soon, I just have to figure out which project as it is a fingering weight.

I have also been trying to dye yarn and fiber to match the fabric of Knitted Bits bags lately and that has been an interesting challenge. A few have not turned out like I hoped, but this one turned out well. I have to do a lot of dye mixing to get the shades closer to the fabric since I couldn't keep every single shade of dye of course....

I can't tell you how cool this looks in person with the shine coming through. I am trying to post some new things on ETSy and having lots of trouble. Their server must be down.



Here is another colorway that turned out pretty neat. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. First see the photo of Lake Tahoe. For those of you who have not been there, it is just a beautiful place. The lake is so blue and so is the sky and it is contrasted by the sparkling white snow and the ever greens. I tried to capture all of this in this yarn and it turned out really great. As a matter of fact, I just tried dyeing some fiber in this same colorway and I can't wait to see how it turns out. It is in the dyepot now steaming........

Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe, California


Lake Tahoe Yarn, Merino and Tencel


Happy Monday!

8 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger K. said...

The Lake Tahoe colorway is gorgeous! I wish I were as good with dye as you are! I lurve merino/tencel. I have some sock yarn made out of it, and I keep squishing the skeins and dreaming what they'll someday become.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

OOOHHHH.....gorgeous!!!

Love them both.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are both so pretty!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Once again, you blew me away with your gorgeous yarns! Wow!!! I especially like the Lake Tahoe...you rock with colors, Lis! Ever think about doing a yarn series on the colors of the "important" places in the US...like Grand Canyon, Niagra Falls, etc.? That would be terrific...

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Oh wow...I LOVE the Lake Tahoe colorway! I have been scouring the internet for great nature pictures as inspiration. You really got that one perfect!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

mmm. pretty :)
I may well have to jump and get some merino tencel too. It looks delicious.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The matching yarns/bags idea is so cool. And as always, I love seeing the inspirations with the dyed yarns. Beautiful!

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I can see how you got inspired by the breath taking scenerey! I am the lucky recipient fo this sock yarn --I just got this from Kpixie last weekend and already posted a picture of this and another of your colorways on my blog. I would like to post a copy of your lake tahoe picture if that is O.K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home