Sunday, June 04, 2006

First Sock Finished! Yippee!!

It is not perfect by any means, but its pretty cute! It is a little bit loose around the foot area and I am starting to think it is because of the yarn. The yarn is Knitpicks 100% merino sock yarn. It doesn't have any nylon in it and I prefer sock yarns that have a bit of give in them.. I am knitting another pair of socks with some Regia sock yarn and I will try those. I also am going to be experimenting with the various undyed yarns that I dye for the YB store because it is important to me that people really like what they get!!

Still, I am so proud of my very first sock!!

3 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ohhh Lis I love it!!!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Adorable socks!!! I had the same problem with my socks....my friend suggested using a smaller needle on the foot only to make the sock more snug. Looks wonderful, though!

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been using the same yarn, which I sprinkle dyes and use 2.5 short bamboo and it seems quite snug and fits well, I agree it could be the size of the needles...cedar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home