Saturday, July 08, 2006

UGH it is hot and humid

UGH, I am really not used to all the humidity we are having. It is so hot... I am struggling with it this year, even in the air conditioning.

Last night I picked up the needles again and started working on the very cute Bees Knees Ruby Pattern. I learned a new technique that was pretty fun that involves making the front pocket. I will take some photos when it looks more interesting. Basically you move some of the stitches onto a waste yarn while also doing increases every stitch. Then you knit up the back part and come back and knit the front of the pocket. I can't wait to get to that part....I am using both Opal and Regia Sock yarns for this.
It is for my little cousin Alexis and I hope it fits her! I am making it in a size 4 T so that it will be way too big now.


KPixie posted a ton of our sock yarn today and it is fun to see them up on their site. They are great to work with and I enjoy my association with them very much.. I am hoping to do a dye day in a few days. The merino/tencel is pretty cool with a nice shine to it....

I went to Stitch N Bitch in a new location last week and really liked the people. I'm going to try to keep going to that meeting even though it is a short drive away. It was fun.

I joined this Mystery Stole KAL that looks so fun. But I am unsure because a) there is so much email already that it totally overwhelms me and b) I have to do a provisional cast on which I have never done and I don't know why but it intimidates me . We'll see... I might try the cast on tomorrow. I am going to print out this tutorial.

Well, time to go knit a few rows on Ruby.

6 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Hmmm, just posted and my message was eaten. Briefly:
Thank you for your supportive post on my blog. I am so grateful.

You have lovely things on your blog! The colors are luscious.

Stay cool!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Mel said...

It was nice to meet you at SnB the other night. I'm glad that KPixie is selling your yarn. Your colorways are beautiful

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This is the provisional cast on I like and used for the Mystery Stole Along. I am on row 13.

http://www.software4knitting.com/psockwizard/WebHelp/sock_knitting_techniques/toe_to_cuff/provisional_cast_on_crochet_method.htm

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Provisional cast-on intimidates me too! But now that I've see the tutorial you linked to, it might be okay. The other's I've seen were a bit confusing. I'm making Picovoli which is what requires this cast on.

 
At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have used the provisional cast on once or twice, and although it caused me great anxiety at first (knitting into the back of a crochet stitch was misery until I figured out that I could put the backs of those stitches on a knitting needle and knit them like usual), I figured it out. It's worth the effort, so hang in there!

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Ruby design, I've recently bought some yarn to make it. What colour are you knitting it in? Looking forward to seeing your pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home