Friday, February 02, 2007

Yes I have been busy and tired

I feel like I don't post much anymore. I am SUPER TIRED and I feel I say that all the time. And wow, I have awful PMS right now. I am also trying to figure out the benefits of this new blogger. So far....I see labels that I can put by each post. So is that like categories for the posts? Well mine are mostly the same so how boring that will be......

I have been knitting. I cast on some of the Lanas Puras Melosa in the fingering weight for some socks and I love it . I figure I should knit with some of our own yarn instead of that encore stuff I am using for baby blankets now!:) This yarn is a spun single and I love the colors. It is really soft. I am knitting with fingering weight opal and when I compare the two it is amazing. I love Opal too but it feels scratchy scratchy by comparison. Of course it is machine washable and so that superwash treatment makes a difference......

Here is a photo of the colorway I am using, called Sangria.... It basically has a light pink, a coral and a mahogony color. It is just gorgeous......



Here is my gauge swatch.....




I have spent many hours researching various yarns and mills around the world. Quite interesting. Today I received this package in the mail of these lovely yarns that have been dyed naturally with walnuts, teas, cochineal and other things. I tried to take a photo and let's see how they show up! The colors to me are simply lovely, very soft . I just ordered some more organic yarn that is dyed with natural dyestuffs by another company and I can't wait to see the samples... I need to win the lottery though more than anything....

From left to right here, we have walnut, something from the rose family, tea, cochineal and thena plant that is a species of the acacia tree. Cochineal as you might know, comes from insects. The tea coloring is from several varieties of tea. The thing is so far this yarn is available only in a bulky wool, although the spin of the wool is gorgeous (see this boucle and then there is another unusual one). Soon there will be regular bulky wool. When they add the lace weight in these colors, then maybe we'll get it. Maybe its me or maybe it is just our online place but I don't see that much bulky being sold so far.. I think though it is because I am used to the ETSY world and duh, I live in the desert!


We are having a little contest this month at One Planet. I haven't put it on the blog yet but maybe I will, we'll see...

I have to say the photo thing works better on this new blogger... It will be interesting to see what else is new...........or improved........

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home