Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I am knitting a lot

I have finished the front of this Bees Knees Ruby sweater completely and now I am working on the back. I really made a mistake which I will never forget. The directions for the back say to knit the length until it is equal to the front up to the armholes before you start the armholes. Well.....try to measure accurately a back knit in fingering yarn, stockinette stitch with a rolled hem! It is almost impossible! So I had to pin down the front like this here onto my blocking board before blocking it to really get an accurate length!

Thanks Melissa for that obvious suggestion (DUH!) but what Melissa really said is always keep track of the number of rows you knit in a little notebook to make sure you front and back halves are identical. She is right and I am going to do the same with the sleeves. I am just about done with the back and then the sleeves and hood will go quickly! Isn't this cute? It is made in Opal and Regia sock yarns. Here is a final photo of what it is supposed to look like.
Ruby
I think we need to get these patterns, they are all too cute.

I also bought this yarn today at our LYS to knit a baby blanket for Andrea and Taylors beautiful baby from Guatemala. It is not exactly baby colors (Andrea, do you like them??) but they have the primary blue and green anyhow that they using in the bedroom and it will be in a great log cabin pattern......I am going to start this tonight because it is great TV / movie watching knitting and I am kind of sick still this week...
blanket yarns

Once I am done with this blanket, I am going to make some cashmere socks (specifically the Haiku Flower Sock pattern) designed by Gina House that we just released at One Planet Yarn and Fiber under the Black Pearl Yarns. It is a beautiful pattern and I think I am going to make it in the bamboo green cashmere. I also love the Milanese lace gloves Sara Lucas designed that we released and I might make the short ones to wear when it is cold like now... I like the color in the pattern, Chai Tea.....

Check out the photos at the Black Pearl and One Planet Yarn and Fiber blogs..

It is great to be knitting again! See and my blog is going back to being my knitting blog again! It just took a bit of time....

6 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

The sweater is looking amazing and those new yarns are great! I agree...it's so nice to be knitting...especially when you haven't had much time to lately. Thanks for posting about the sock pattern!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

The sweater is look fab and I love the colors you picked for the baby blanket. I like it when people think outside the "pastel" baby box!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I do!! I do!! They're perfect!!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger natasha said...

glad to see you back and happy!! i am really wanting to get some of that cashmere yarn to do some handwarmers!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

glad you sorted out the measuring issue and glad to help!

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ruby sweater is going to be great....I love the picture of the finished one...it did entice me to think about aking it. Really fun sweater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home