Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Show and Tell

Sometimes I do feel like my blog consists of show and tell posts. I am always amazed by others who write so cleverly about interesting topics each time they post and then they get 20 or 30 or 40 comments as well! I just don't feel that clever all the time. I think that is why my blog feels more like a show and tell blog.

Anyhow, let's see it is 3:30 am and I am again up with a night of insomnia along with a killer headache and neck pain. If any of you suffer from chronic pain, you know what it is like.

Soon we will have the new One Planet Yarn and Fiber blog open and I'll post on there some of the new products for the store as we get them in. It will be a bit confusing having three or more blogs to post on, but this one will come back more to the personal blog. Black Pearl yarns blog will be for the development of that luxury yarn line from Asia with patterns, etc..

The new website is coming along (some of you asked) and hopefully it will be open within a few weeks. We have so many great things for sale from all over the world. It really has been incredible speaking with so many talented people.

Here are some glimpses of a few things coming in the mail.

I am in love totally with these knitting needles handcarved by Lee Chesson studios. The photos don't do them justice. He uses beautiful woods and they are very lightweight and have an incredible point on the end. They are the perfect length for straight needles. I just admire people who are so good with wood or any craft. I am trying to convince Lee to make spindles, which he has before...

Here is one of my favorite pairs made of birch wood with zebrawood ends.


We are carrying all the yarns and patterns from this new yarn company called Sheep Shop Yarn company. I read an article about the owner Fonnie, and I so admired what she was doing that we took on her product line. Look how cute this bag is. Her colorways are incredible and many more patterns are coming soon.
The Bag

This is my absolute favorite Sheep Shop pattern but then again, I am a total green lover.....
Shawl-Cardigan

More soon.. I received four huge boxes of yarn today from Uruguay. We have another one of our own lines in development called Lanas Puras yarns. The yarns are all handpainted and soft soft soft. I'll show some photo glimpses soon. I can't wait until the whole One Planet Yarn & Fiber site is released...!


More soon, I think it is time to try and sleep some more.

5 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Hi Lisa! I'm still compiling your box of goodies -- I keep thinking of more and more things i want to put in, but right now am just finishing up a few kits, and then I'll send another small box after. I HOPE to have it in the mail tomorrow. I wanted to tell u to stop by my blog as well -- I just got a bunny and am having a contest to name her! I would love your input. Hope you are feeling better. I can somewhat identify -- I've been having probs w/ my neck as well as just found that at 35, I have some arthritis! YIKES! (but if you think I'll stop knitting you are CRAZY...lol)~H

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Hi Lis,
Looking forward to your new website. I just got mine live last night. There are still some 'issues', but I hope you'll check it out and tell me what you think.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger barbe said...

well, this is my first visit to your blog and I think its full of interesting things, not just show and tell!!!!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger soapy said...

that zebra wood is very pretty

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those needles are beautiful...be kinder to yourself...although some blogs I visit do make me chuckle, too much funny and/or instructional can actually get boring. Blogs are popular because we're suppose to drop in any time and just share a tiny minute of your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home