Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Knitting Update

Hi,
I have been really sick the last week so I haven't felt like doing much. Knitting has really saved me from getting down in the dumps. I started two new projects that I bought the yarn for. The first is the Ruby sweater which I showed before. You can see the front of the sweater here done in Opal bright pink sock yarn. Then I learned a new technique for making a front pocket... Let me show you the photo of the finished sweater as a reminder and then a photo of the pocket I am adding on. I am using a Regia sock yarn for that. I thought it was self-striping but it is more of a variegated yarn. This sweater is going to be adorable. The sleeves will also be variegated.

Finished sweater photo (Ruby):
ruby2

The front of my sweater (not done of course) but you can see the bright pink background and the start of the pocket. This is a fun knit by the way!! To Wooltopia, I can't wait for you to start.
My creation


Second, I started the lace tee. I am using a yarn called Trinity by Jaeger which is made of silk and cotton and has sort of a nubby texture. I am using a pale green color. It probably was not the best choice for my first real lace pattern, but it is gorgeous and very light and shows the stitches and pattern quite well. I am in love with working on this pattern. Thank you Kirsten for your lace tips because they have helped quite a bit.

Here is what the finished sweater will look like.
800784

And here is the start of my border which goes along the bottom of the sweater. You can see the border in the above photo. Then I guess I will pick up stitches from there and keep knitting. I can hardly put it down...!
IMG_1710

Well that is it for my knitting update. I need to go lay down again. Feel awful!! Also to you luxury fiber fanatatics, I just put a few gorgeous rovings into the ETSY shop to take a peek. I am so bummed I have not been spinning lately and I need to change that. I just put a few alpaca, merino and tussah rovings in there which are heavenly and one merino and tencel. A few more should be at kpixie by the end of next week along with other things. More sock yarn coming soon.

Have a good day and stay cool!!!!!!

8 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't knitting great? I do hope you feel better soon! :)

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Ruby looks adorable. I'll try and work some more on mine soon, so you can tell me about the great way to knit a pocket.

(BTW, my secret's out now :)

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

You poor thing! But take heart -- I've been laid up sick too! What a pair we make. (For me, strep throat since Sunday. Ick.) You've been more productive than I -- I can only manage a sock right now. I love, love, love the tee! What a great pattern! And that Ruby sweater is going to be adorable. Sending you good health vibes...

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger rho said...

That sweater is adorable - hope you are feeling better quickly now -

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Baby sweater is coming out terrific! Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Verona said...

Wondering if you ever did finish the sweater?

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Verona said...

did you ever finish the sweater?

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Verona said...

did you ever finish the sweater?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home