Monday, May 15, 2006

The Calmness Knitting Brings Me

Hello friends......

This was such an incredible weekend... Nothing that unique or special really happened other than I picked up the needles again. I was feeling like it had been way too long. I had a lot of stress the past few weeks and I had forgotten how much calm knitting brings me. I know others talk about this, and I don't know if its the quiet of it, the comfort of it, the rhythmic motions or what it is that I just find so relaxing. I finished the belt portion of my Garnstudio wrap sweater. Now I just have to finish seaming it. I also picked up the other sweater I started, also a Garnstudio pattern and did a few rows so I was once again familiar with the pattern. The other project I have on the needles is the Vintage Velvet Scarf from Scarf Style. OH I love the Munich Touch Me yarn, it is really extravagent, but oh so soft, and it was on sale last week at Jessica Knits. I am using a very dark eggplant color and it is gorgeous.

I am now mixing up some dye colors and am going to be dyeing some lucious roving that I have----- blue faced leicester, alpaca with silk and merino, merino with tussah silk AND merino with tencel. All wonderful combinations......

What is a post without photos? BORING! So, I don't think I posted all the recent yarn colorways I did so here are a few more..I have a lot of new color combinations coming soon......I love mixing color and sometimes it doesn't alway work out as I magine in my head, but that is ok. Some end up being keepers for future dyeing and some don't....I have a notebook where I keep samples of each colorway with the formulas I used so I can refer back to it.

First, I did more of the bluebells colorway but I was out of a previous blue I used so this one is a tiny bit different. Still I love how it turned out. I am pretty sure I am going to keep some of this myself to make socks with..


And here is one that actually was a mistake but turned out pretty interesting. I called this Dark Forest and actually I think this is going to make great mens socks. I put one skein on ETSY and it was gone by the next day.. But I have more I just haven't reskeined. Reskeining is a huge problem for me with my neck..boo hoo-had to get one sob in there.

And finally, I did this "watermelon" colorway and I put all of it on ETSY and it was gone by the next day. So I think I'll do some more of this in fingering weight. This is a sports weight superwash..... I bought a pair of 40 inch addi circulars to learn the magic loop method of making socks and I am just waiting for the book to arrive! Yippee.


Have a wonderful week....
Lis

6 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Those are so amazingly beautiful, especially the Watermelon. They're just lovely.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new colors!!!!!!!!!!!!
The mistake is wonderful--my art teachers always said there are no mistakes in art!!!!

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bluebells color way. I'm already thinking ahead to the June spectrum project. I haven't knit with blues for a while...seeing that is inspriring. Great job!

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! I absolutely love your yarns, you did such a great job dyeing them - the colorways look so interesting and I'm really looking forward to seeing them all knitted up! Lovely!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger K. said...

thanks, lis! it was really hard to spin, actually. i had to put a lot of twist in the single (way way more than usual, so it got crimpy on the bobbin). when i plied it, the ply wasn't as tight as it is in the picture, so i ran it through a second time to get the effect i did.

i'd love to hear how the novelty spinning class goes! i wish we had activities like that in my area.

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The watermelon colorway is WONDERFUL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home