Friday, May 12, 2006

Dye-O-Rama Meme

My secret dye-o-rama pal asked me to fill out this meme, so here I go........

Specific to this swap:

Your favorite colors?
I love greens of all kinds. I love blues and I love earth tones.

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)?
I like the fingering weight the best for socks......As far as for other items, I like all yarn weights.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
I prefer multicolored yarn.

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn?
Ooooh, I'd love self-patterning, but that must be hard to make! I would be happy with any of the above. I think self-striping is fun, but I love variegated yarn too.

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)?
Sure!! Not all acrylic though. I don't like it that much.

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? The perfect colorway name?? Oh no, I have trouble coming up with my own colorway names. What about CONFUSED??

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along?
I LOVE COLOR, I love dyeing. I thought it would be fun to get something that someone else dyed for me and I love making a skein for my secret partner as well........

General yarn/fiber questions:


Have you dyed yarn/fiber before?

yes, many times

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method?
I mostly use dyes from prochem, but I have also used standard dyes and other brands. I really want to experiment with natural dyes at some point. My favorite method is space dyeing or rainbow dying.

Do you spin?
YES

Have you knit socks before?
I have started several pairs and not finished them, but I am determined. Next weekend I start a new socks class though! It is learn to knit socks in four hours..... I also just ordered the magic loop booklet to learn how to knit on 40 inch circular needles and I want to try that method.

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too?
In other patterns too! Fingering weight is good for lace projects too.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
Hmmmmm...anything soft! I love the Blue Sky yarns..alpaca and silk and their dyed cotton....I like anything with silk (Debbie Bliss pure silk is a dream yarn). I just got some Karabella Aurora and it is yummy and I also bought some Munich Touch me that is oh so soft....I love many yarns! I like natural fibers the best...And soft and breathable fibers.

What yarn do you totally covet?

I have always wanted to buy a bunch of Lorna Lace sock yarn or Koigu....but since I started dyeing, I can't bring myself to do that.

Favorite patterns?
none in particular, I would love to learn to make fair isle socks and lace socks.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Something out of a silk and cashmere yarn...

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
Definitely ADDI turbos! circs metal

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
I took a test and it said I was a novelty yarn because I like change.

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? m & ms (yum), chocolate kisses and chocoate covered cherries.....do you get I love chocolate??

What’s your favorite animal? DOGS!! I love all animals.... I am in love with the idea right now of buying a few sheep or alpaca, we'll see.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?
Bailie............bearded collie, age 10
Pepe, bichon, age unknown but around 3

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
I love roses (peace roses). I love orchids. I like Japanese flower arrangements (Ikebana) and I would love to have a fountain in my yard someday with lillies and koi.

Do you have a wishlist?
I have a wishlist on my blog on the top right and I have a very long wish list at amazon.com

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? NO, except that I wish my secret pal would fill this out because I feel I know very little about her!!!

Hope this helps you secret dyeorama pal!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does help me - thank you! :)

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment! I've heard Estes is great, I'm looking forward to hearing your account of it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home