Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Arizona Sunset Handspun

Can you see why I called this handspun Arizona Sunset? It is from some blue faced leicester wool that I handdyed in shades of red, gold and orange. Then I spun it with some gold firestar. The gold is just enough and not too much. I keep saying this, but this is my best spinning so far! It really is even. I thought it was going to be much thinner but it still came in at a WPI of 9-10 which is a light worsted weight. I am trying to figure out still how to spin fingering or lace weight. It must be just a bare thread of fiber!!






I still have another skein of it to take off the bobbin, but I think it might be slightly thicker as I got tired near the end of spinning this.

Lis

4 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

great to see another fiber artist in Arizona. I missed the ADSWG meeting last weekend, but look forward to meeting you at one soon.

I too, have a hard time deciding which to do - spin, or card up amazing batts.

I just finished some batts of dyed in the lock cotswold, silk, firestar. It spins up gossamer fine with very little effort.

My nieces and I spent the weekend before last dyeing up some superwash that we will spin up into sock yarn soon.

So many things to do - so little time to do them all.

Barbara

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! You are so talented, Lisa! Still hoping to finish spinning my black with sparkle yarn so I can start on the Lipstick fiber!!!! Can't I spin any faster????

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger blogdog said...

Ohmygod -- it's gorgeous!!

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing how you just need a little inspiration and you create something so beautiful- the work of a true artist!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home