Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Gorgeous Merino Fiber and YES, I can really spin!

Hi all,

I wanted you to take a look at how absolutely gorgeous this fiber batt that Stephanie of Spritely goods produced! The colorway is Twilight and you can see she has this and some other yummy new colors on her web page. It really does sparkle like this in person too because of the Angelina fiber she added. She has inspired me to buy a drumcarder so I am researching and hope to look at some different ones "in person" in Colorado in June. I already have been handpainting rovings that were going to be put into the Yarn Botanika etsy.com shop (VERY SOON!), but this will be a new fun thing along with the hand-dyed yarns and spindle kits. Kathy's husband is building a lathe stand for her so she can make spindles from all kinds of woods! If anyone has suggestions on drumcarders, please let me know! I am reading the BEST book now called Color in Spinning by Deb Menz. She shows how to blend colors using combs as well as a drum carder.

So, look how beautiful this is!! AND, I am so excited and proud of myself because everyone says Merino is so hard to spin and I did it and I think it looks pretty good too! I am going to bring it to my spinning class in a few minutes!! Today we are plying and I have two full bobbins of Cotswold spun and ready to go!! I will show the Twilight yarn also once it is plied!!!!!!!!!!




Time for spinning class! I am just bummed it is our last day!!

Lisa

6 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger blogdog said...

Gorgeous is right! What beautiful fiber -- and your yarn is lovely! Get some into the Etsy shop so you can get your trip to Taos paid for!!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

that looks great!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger illanna said...

I've been spinning with Stephanie's batts too! I bought her green one from Tempe Yarn and Fiber and I've been using their wheels to spin it up. It's so luscious and soft that it pretty much spins itself! Have you found that for yours too? I'm making mine striped with some pink alpaca, and switching off between the two fibers. It's addictive! I'm going over there with some friends this evening. Happy Spinning!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

oooh! lovely lovely yarn! :)
how went the plying?

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger jen said...

Hey Lisa -- I'll have to meet up with you and Kristen when you come to Estes Park!! Jenifer at http://jeniferknits.blogdrive.com

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's exactly how I felt on my last day of class. Sad that it was the last one, but excited because now I can spin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home