Friday, January 20, 2006

Dyeing Day!

I have so much to post about. Kathy and I had quite a spinning day yesterday but that is a whole post in itself I will do over the weekend. Otherwise this will be way too long.

I did some dyeing this week. I had this brilliant idea of trying to pick colorways for my yarns that were based on flowers and plants. I still will do that because I like it. On the other hand, I also like just picking out any colors I like together. Anyhow, a friend of mine Monica from Santa Monica was just recently in New Zealand on her honeymoon. Monica does not have a blog or I would link to it. I wish she did and I have been encouraging her because her and her new hubby are great photographers and world travelers. Anyhow, she sent me these photos of the most beautiful Lupine Flowers (Lupinus perennis)that I have ever seen in my life. They even have some medicinal properties if you open up the link. Anyhow, here are two photos of the Lupine fields:



I decided to dye some yarn and roving in the Lupine colorway. I used three different shades of purple, magenta and two greens. At first, I have to say I didn't like it. But once I reskeined the yarn, I thought it was very pretty. It is not quite as bright as it seems in the photos.


No Monica, this is not the present I am working on for your birthday that I have mentioned. That is still a big surprise!

More on spinning day soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday!

Lisa

7 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa...looks great! Nice job!
~Roxanne~

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Great colors.

Wow, you spin nice yarn!

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the yarn really is as gorgeous as the lupine! very, very yummy.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, Lisa, I love the colors on this one. Very pretty! -Andrea-

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the yarn really is as gorgeous as the lupine! very, very yummy.

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful! You did an amazing job.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job!

Did you dye the wool and then spin it or did you dye wool that was already spun? (Shows how much I know, eh?)

(I came here from the dyehappy group, where I am mostly just trying to figure out a way to get started so I've never posted.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home