Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A few photos....

First, here is Elizabeth's scarf pattern that she is working on using Yarn Botanika merino and tencel yarn. She is a member of the Garter Belt Design Team and I showed an earlier swatch of her scarf pattern. I called this colorway Madison in the Fall after one of my favorite towns Madison Wisconsin.... The scarf is looking gorgeous and I know she has some great plans for finishing it. The pattern will be for sale on the Garter Belt design site as well as in the ETSY shop... KPIXIE will be carrying quite a few of these new knitting kits as well, starting with the cami kits from Knit and Tonic.


Also, I have been making this drop stitch scarf from this INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS handspun yarn I bought from a woman named Rachel who has an ETSY shop called RMD Designs. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rachel's yarns and I plan on buying a lot more.. I am also hoping my sister is going to carry her yarn in her new shop but we'll see...

Rachel's yarns have really inspired me to start spinning again. Take a look how gorgeous these colors are. This is hand dyed blue faced leicester and she spun multi-colored locks into it. I just hope the scarf is long enough. I don't have a lot of yarn left. If not, I am trying to think of some ideas for how to lengthen it on either end or what I could add that would look great with the handspun. Any ideas for finishing a too short scarf?
IMG_2084
Here is a close up! BEAUTIFUL COLORS:
IMG_2085


ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

6 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Christa said...

To finish a too-short scarf, you can always save enough for some extra-long fringe.. that gives it the appearance of extra length (and it can look like you were trying to be funky on purpose!) That is very gorgeous yarn, too :-)

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger illanna said...

I like to fringe my scarves, especially if they come out too short. You can use a different yarn to fringe with, and you could even dye something to match. I like fringing scarves with ribbon or other more interesting yarns so that they really stand out.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger illanna said...

I like to fringe my scarves, especially if they come out too short. You can use a different yarn to fringe with, and you could even dye something to match. I like fringing scarves with ribbon or other more interesting yarns so that they really stand out.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger natasha said...

you could use a kilt pin or a big button to just make a neck wrap.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uummmm.
I really NEED to order that yarn or that fiber from you! PLEASE!!!!!! And, how about some of those locks as well! I'm not kidding! Can you email me? Can I order it? Pretty Please! Or, if you have that in yarn that would be fine too! And, how 'bout directions for making that scarf as well?

Wow, I sound desperate. (Ok, I am...)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger YarnB said...

Mary-kay, I will try to find your email but I dont' sell that yarn. You can get it at Rachels store, I thought I linked it. Isn't it awesome? I just made up the pattern! It is just a few rows of knit followed by a drop stitch row...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home