Monday, December 12, 2005

Blue Sky Sunset Shawl Finished


Oh, I LOVE how this shawl turned out. I bought the yarn from a wonderful online site called Kpixie. If you sign up and register with them, they will give you 10% off your first order and then they send you coupons after that. I like their selections, and their service was great! This yarn is made by Blue Sky Alpaca yarns using their kettle-dyed bulky and sports weight yarns. They were both super soft. Some hints to anyone who makes this. I am glad I knew these things ahead of time because I read them on someone elses blog! First, you definitely have to cast on and off EXTREMELY loosely or the whole thing will rip when you go to block it. Second, the blocking step is crucial and you can't skip it. It stretched another ten inches in blocking and made a huge difference. When I took it off the needles, I didn't like it and it didn't look like the pattern photo, but luckily I had been told ahead of time that could happen! This really would look great in all one color or different colors as well.

I went out to lunch last week in old town Scottsdale with a new friend Robyn who I met in watercolors Class. We ate at my favorite lunch spot, Arcadia Farms. YUMMY. And she helped me take these photos of the shawl and both of us wearing the shawl after lunch!

What is great about Alpaca is that it is warm and soft and not itchy at all. I just love it!

Hope you like these.

Lisa



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home