Thursday, April 19, 2007

FLAIR and photography

I thought I'd show a photo of my FLAIR sweater. It was close to being done and I tried it on, and then I needed to pull a bit back as I needed it a bit longer. I should have done that before adding on the seed stitch ribbing on the bottom. The color is absolutely gorgeous (to me, a total green lover). It is the Lanas Puras melosa in Fern Green. At first glance, the yarn didn't seem to show any color variation, but I love how it looks knit up with just slight variations in the shade. Take a peek of the sweater laid out and then a close up. OH i must say, I LOVE this pattern!! It has been so fun to knit and the no seaming part is absolutely fantastic!!!! I can't wait to finish and I am close!





I am taking a digital photography class and really enjoying it. I have learned a lot about all the settings of my camera. I still don't understand how changing the fstop and the shutter speed, etc etc. I still have tons to learn like how to set the various options for different subjects and lighting conditions..... Next week, we have to turn in two 8 x 10 photos as a project. My first photo shoot was up flowers close up. This is one of my favorite subjects to shoot, but I really want what is called a macro lense-a close up lens. But I need a better camera for this. But I still love how this turned out. I bought a bouquet of freesia flowers to take photos of. I think this is the one I am going to turn in... I want to turn in. I don't want every flower to be in focus by the way. I want it to look slightly abstract.



Or this one...... Actually, this one might be better. I am looking for something a bit artsy...Something I might want to paint actually.



Then I played around with taking photos of my little bichon. It was NOT easy. He is really a hard subject. First, he wiggles all over and just wants to lay on my lap or have me pet his little head. Plus he is so fluffy white!! I tried to increase the ISO which is the shutter speed (I think?) because he is so fast moving and it did seem to help. I also played with other various settings....here are two I like.






Isn't he sweet? He does have a bite though :)

This weekend, I think I'll go to the zoo and/or botanical garden for some more practice. I need to get a tripod though.........

7 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Very nice photos, Lis. Your dog looks to be such a sweetie. And great job on the Flair. I am seriously wanting to cast on for a new project, but I'm not sure what yet!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

You have the cutest dog ! He LOOKS sweet anyway. I like the one at the bottom most, his eyes are shining and he seems to think some deep thoughts there.....

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Craftlover said...

Lis, thanks for your compliments! I love your blog too, and I wished I would dye more yarn on my own so that I can make my own favorite colorway !
It’s so much fun to search around the net and find knitters around the world, nice to meet you and hope you can find more good sites in the future! :)

I love your dog too, he is sooooo cute! I have a Maltese at home too, but she is not as cute as yours. :)

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

I am replying on your comment this way.First, you can find the pattern of the scarf in Barbara Walkers "Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns"It's called Japanese Feather, you can also buy the pattern online at www.knitspot.com. Second I made the picture of the label that was attached to the yarn with the macrosetting on my camera.Works fine !
Your Flair looks good btw, this yarn is really soft !

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello!
Thanks for the comments on my blog, I love your photography!! Me and andy are sharing a camera, well I say share, last time I went to visit, I 'borrowed' his new one, hehe. Anyway, the yarn for the frilly tank top is the sapce dyed yarn, its scrumptous.
Speak soon.
jeni (fyberspates)

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Maltese and people always think he is a Bichon..Dogs are difficult to photograph I find. When My dogs see the camera they face the other way (afraid it will flash)...I love your pups nose-so cute.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Juls said...

I just started Flair and I love it in that yarn that you are using!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home