Saturday, March 17, 2007

Out of Commission

I have been out of comission for the past 10 days or so. I won't go into detail other than to say I had quite a surgery about a week ago. It was over four hours long, and even though it was done laproscopically, it still causes major havoc! I still am having a great deal of pain and my body just is not functioning. I wanted to post because I got some private comments and emails, thank you! I appreciate it..!

I have gotten some knitting done. I will try to take a photo in the next few days of FLAIR. I am about 1/3 done I would say. It is really an enjoyable knit...I love knitting with the Lanas Puras Melosa worsted weight yarn. The color (Fern Green)is also gorgeous as I will show you in the photos. I need to pick out some interesting buttons. I met a woman who has an ETSY store and she does "button searches" for you! I told her I wanted something 1940s art deco style.. I do not have her link now, but I can post it later. These are two I am thinking of but I need to email her and ask a few more details. I am hardly on the computer right now.



I also am almost done with the blanket I am making for Andrea for her baby that she is adopting from Guatemala. It really is turning out gorgeous. I am not quite sure how to do the last two squares because I have to use an intarsia technique. I have not done this so thankfully I have a good friend coming for a visit in two weeks and she just finished an intarsia sweater and she will help me with a few things.

Well, off the computer now...... I will be in touch with some of you soon via email. Just know I am here, an ok, just sore and tired and cranky. I can't sit for very long at the computer. It is kind of scaring me because I have about tons of products to enter into our One Planet page. Heather and Gina, your stuff is first!

More soon!

4 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're ok. I've been thinking about you. :)
I love those first buttons pictured- can't wait to see your flair.
Take care!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I am glad you're doing better! I wanted to email you, but didn't know how you'd be feeling. I might have to come up this week to get some stuff done for the adoption, so I'll let you know and we can get together? Take good care!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Connie said...

I'm glad things are going okay. I was going to email to ask how everything went, but didn't want to disturb you if you weren't up for communicating.

I'm swatching with the Lanas Puras now and I'm really loving both its softness and the colors! :)

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Lis, so good to hear from you! Been thinking of you and wondering how you were. So sorry it ended up to be such an ordeal. Get rest and don't worry about me. It's all good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home