Friday, September 29, 2006

Yarn Photography

I bought this incredible new indoor photography studio recently. The lights are designed to simulate outdoor natural light so that you really can get realistic images of the colors. I just love it!!! It has these great little portable but very powerful lights and I can also use it for jewelry and other small objects....

I thought I would show off a few of the photos that I took today on here of some new handpainted yarns.....I can have yarn kind of floating like this:

In Mangoes and Raspberries:

Mangoes and Raspberries

Or like this in Pumpkin Spice:

Pumpkin Spice

Or I can have it with my usual rocks background still using the natural indoor lighting:
Like this in Raspberries and Chocolate:

Raspberries and Chocolate

Or like this one which is a Black Pearl Yarns Cashmere color. Actually check out all of the Black Pearl Yarns cashmere colors on the blog HERE...

Of course I picked my favorite "Bamboo Green" color to showcase!!!

Black Pearl Yarns

Thanks to my "dye helper-you know who you are :)" for doing such a great job with these Yarn Botanika colorways. Do you think the lighting is pretty natural looking?
What a treat it is to not lug everything outside to take photos....!

Also, please make sure to check out all the photos on the Black Pearl Yarns blog. All of the fall colors are shown there....

9 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

oooo -- those colors are great! I think I have the same studio -- same concept anyway -- and now I can see that the problem is most likely my camera. grrrr. lol I can't wait for my picks to look so good! ~h
ps- i LOOVE the Bamboo green too

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger rho said...

they are all beautiful - I so wish I could wear the pumpkin spice one - it is incredible - but what orange does to my skin would ruin anything I made from it.....but oooo it is beautiful just beautiful...

boohooo

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Beautiful clarity in the photos. To me, the lighting looks like excellent studio lighting, not outdoor natural, but what's wrong with that?
I am curious about the studio. Is it a package you can but? Are you willing to share the info?

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger YarnB said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger YarnB said...

Thank you! I just want the photos to accurately display the yarn colors and that is what is most important. I dropped you a note about the studio set up...

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger YarnB said...

rho, good to hear from you! The pumpkin spice is my favorite! Yes only certain people can wear those colors. I love them and will probably...hopefully (?) make something out of that colorway at some point. I'll put it on the "to do" I mean the "to knit" list which is growing longer...

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious too. I gave up waiting for good conditions to take photos outside (it's always either too sunny so everything will be washed out, or it's raining. Or the mosquitoes attack me!). So I take photos inside, but I'm tired of "correcting" colors.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

that green is SO vibrant! That's really cool- especially for the hot summers! Very pretty!!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Beautiful yarns as always. Wanna just squeeze them all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home