Friday, June 09, 2006

Dye Day Update-Finally

I still am unable to post photos on blogger. It is driving me crazy. So what I am trying instead are linking these posts to my photos on FLICKR. Hope I am not breaking any "bandwidth" type rules since I am not sure of those. I wanted to post about our fun dye day!

....Last Sunday afternoon, Kirsten and April came over and we did some roving dyeing. It really was fun and I really enjoyed myself..... Here is a photo of my two new fabulous fiber friends! They are both incredibly nice, fun and talented people and I feel lucky to have met them. Kirsten is a great knitter and weaver. April makes great munch batts and gorgeous stone spindles-you can see them on her site.... Kirsten and I are going to the Estes Park Wool Market next week! I cannot wait!

Here are some photos of the completed rovings. The colors are gorgeous. They are already in the YarnBotanika shop and a few sold right away.
Here is Nude Beach (thank you Gina for this name, I want to hire you as a marketing consultant, ok?)


This one is GORGEOUS. Kirsten, great dyeing job. But I had trouble coming up with a name. It is a combo of deep royal blue, a brilliant deep blue and then a bright and deep violet color. I ended up calling it Deep Iris finally

Here is Jungle.
BFL-JUNGLE
And Hot Summer Nights.

BFL-Hot summer nights

Followed by Lipstick.
BFL-LIPSTICK

In other news, I finally finished warping my loom in class and it was very tough for me. Not sure yet about weaving. The jury is still out. We'll see!
Estes Park is next week and I am looking forward to getting away for a few days. I really need a get away badly! I will take lots of photos of fiber, yarn and fiber animals for all of you!!
(BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!...LOL..Don't alpacas hum? I can't wait to meet a few!)

Lisa

4 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

the roving looks great!

Loved having lunch yesterday.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

Of course, the rovings are gorgeous! I'm totally jealous that you had a roving dyeing party and I wasn't there...boo hoo : P

Your Marketing Consultant : )

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I absolutely love the lipstick roving

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that your yarn is on the way. I hope you'll like it! Also, your roving is so beautiful...it makes me want to start spinning again!

Take care!
Your Secret Dyer Pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home