Wednesday, May 09, 2007

May May May May

Yes it is May and that is most creative title post I could come with. Still have been busy and it is getting HOT. It was 100 today!

I did finish my FLAIR sweater but I don't have photos because I need to still sew on the buttons. Tonight, maybe I will do that while watching IDOL results. Still I can't believe I am watching it and so addicted too, but others are more into it than I am...

I knit a silk scarf for my mom for mother's day. It is one of my favorite patterns for using yarn in my stash for gifts. It is called the Ladder Scarf by Chris Bylsma and it is also a good pattern for handspun yarn. I have made the shawl too which is similar, just wider. For this pattern I used two yarns, a silk boucle yarn that my friend Georgia dyed for me, along with a similar color merino and tencel. There is a lot of shine and it is really long and silky and I hope she likes it. I know I am lucky to still have a mom. Some of my friends have lost theirs in recent years so I try to show appreciation even though we sometimes don't always get along.




We got these incredibly beautiful spindles from Israel made by Avi Wasserman and I want to buy one for myself and I am trying to decide which one. I am super attracted to this maple one he dyed light blue and also to this olive wood one that has silver in laid into it. I just love these and I am trying to figure out how to let spindle people know we have them. Most of the people who come to our site are more knitting people I think but I am not sure. We will just have to see over time.... I know spindles like this are hard to find because our LYS can't seem to get hand crafted spindles due to a shortage.



















Let's see. What else. I am 80% done with a blanket for my friends and now I need to figure out what my next knit project will be. I still have a Noni bag to finish for my mom and also the Ruby sweater for my niece is not quite done. I guess I should finish those before starting something new! I am thinking of starting either this cardigan from Be Sweet which I am just totally in love with. It is called the Magic Cardigan and I love it in these exact colors. I love it, I love it. I love Autumn colors, that is why. Or I am going to use either Sheep Shop 3 or a new cotton and merino yarn we are getting in for Wendy Bernard's sizzle pattern. I guess I'll have to knit up a swatch of both and then decide....

I am getting excited about my trip to the Estes Park Fiber festival which is coming up in June. That should be fun too. That reminds me, shoot, I owe someone a reply email. I am really really bad about personal email or phone calls lately. I just am having the hardest time keeping up with everything and people actually get mad at me and I wish they wouldn't......

Well almost time for American Idol (HAHA)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Love the scarf & the colors.

The spindles are also gorgeous!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Cute scarf! Wow-it was warmer up there than down here. I don't think we broke the century mark, but maybe close.

Monica was wearing her head scarf last week. It looked even better in real life!

Oh, you KNOW I am jealous- Estes in June? Heaven!!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

I am sure your mom will love it !
I really love those colours, and it looks very soft. And to have a scarf made by your daughter....
Those spindles both look beautiful,the blue one looks more, I don't know how to spin but I would love to learn this. I only wished I could find someone to show me how.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Cute spindles. I haven't got roped into the spinning obsession yet. I think I just like commercial yarn too much to try my hand at it. But it's always neat to see other people's spinning products. A fiber festival sounds like fun. Definitely something to look forward to. And pooh to people who get unnecessarily angry about communication delays. You've got lots on your plate!

Missed American Idol tonight, but I'll watch the results episode tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home