Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving......

I just saw Dani post on her blog a great post entitled "The Important Things" and she is really right, you know. Just before I read it, I was sitting here fretting about what a complete disaster my house is right now. I have never let it go quite this long without a real clean up. And I was also feeling bad about the weight I have gained (while eating a piece of chocolate, I admit).

It really is true that, attitude is everything. So I am going to try to turn this around and think of the important things and how grateful I am for so much. How lucky I am that I even have a house all to myself when so many in this country are homeless, or when people in Dafur or many other places are starving and living in such awful conditions. How lucky I am that I have family, my wonderful sister who is patient with me, my niece and nephew that I love to pieces and my mom, who drives me crazy, but still I am so lucky to still have a mom when others have lost theirs. I am grateful for the good friends that I have. I am lucky that I have so many good friends. People that even if I don't see often, are there for me and hopefully vice versa. I am grateful for all the food that I can eat whenever I want to, when others don't have that choice. I am grateful that it is 80 degrees outside and sunny and just beautiful! And I am grateful for the huge room full of yarn and fiber in the spare bedroom! I can walk in, and pick out whatever I would like to knit!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks to all of you who registered on the new web site One Planet Yarn and Fiber. We had a great turn out actually and amazing amount of visitors. Are there really that many knitters out there?? Please don't forget to go to the site and sign up for the mailing list. When you do that, you'll get a coupon for a discount off a number of items in the store. The coupon is good until the end of December by the way!!

Back to cleaning, but first I'll leave you with something very interesting I saw on Kirsten's blog. The results were so incredibly accurate for me! I did grow up and live in Wisconsin but then moved to the Northeast for a long time before moving west! I'd love to see your results if you post them along with your grateful list! Let me know! And Happy Thanksgiving!
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The South
The West
Boston
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home