Saturday, August 26, 2006

I love seeing hand dyed yarn knit up!

My friend Karen sent these photos of the socks she knit from the yarn called India. This was in the first batch of yarn I ever dyed so it is kind of interesting to see these... I think they look really pretty....Thanks Karen!! You are becoming an expert sock knitter..!



And here is an updated picture of the camisole that Wendy from Knit and Tonic is working on using the Yarn Botanika merino and tencel in the colorway Pine Forest. I dyed a few skeins and put them on etsy and they are gone, so I will be doing quite a bit more for kits... I really can't wait to see all of the patterns from the Garter Belt Design teamcoming soon. They will be offering the patterns on their site and I will also have kits.

This cami is looking super super cute:



And this is Elizabeth's scarf in the Madison In The Fall Colorway.. I love this new colorway.....


Here is some of it in roving instead of yarn, yum yum......Watch for a photo of this in a very very exciting and special place soon (it is a secret where.shhhhhhhhhhh)

Hmmm, I just noticed the color looks quite a bit different on the roving than on the yarn, but it is the same exact dyes..... Interesting!



Good night......

6 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Everything looks great!

 
At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are all lovely. I saw Wendy's project on her blog, and can't wait until she offers the pattern.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Ninabeena said...

I love that Pine forest yarn...I think you should make a lot! :-)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

Cami looks so nice! Love the India colorway for the socks...so autumn-y. Great, great yarns!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger rho said...

oh my gosh -- I would never have thought those were from the same colorway. Beautiful!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I've noticed that with roving and yarn. I think it is because the roving soaks up more dye, since it is denser than the yarn. Not sure if that makes sense, but it is my theory =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home