Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Garter Belt Design Team Project

I am enjoying watching the Garter Belt designers work on their design project using the Yarn Botanika superwash merino and tencel yarn.

Look here at their latest blog post! http://www.thegarterbelt.com/blog/

I saw part of Wendy's cami the other day, and I was super excited to see the Pine Forest Merino and Tencel knit up. See a peak preview below. It sounds like Elizabeth is going to make a lacy scarf (yummy) and Marie also a scarf! I am not sure about Zib-Wendy yet! Very fun.

Photo Courtesy of Wendy at Knit and Tonic: beginning of her camisole



These patterns are going to be offered with yarns in the Yarn Botanika shop as kits..

There is also a new kit coming for Needle Felters...with a pattern by Laura, aka Yarn Thrower. Check out her Oopsie Bag on the sidebar of her blog. She is creating a really neat pattern for the new needle felting kits.

We are looking for other designers to work with the cashmere yarns...If you are interested, drop a line to yarn botanika at aol dot com. I am going to hit up the Garter Belt team for this too when they are done with this project. After all, who can resist pure cashmere??!



PS..How come whenever I write out Knit and Tonic I immediately think of GIN AND TONIC and I get kind of happy for a second??? It used to be my favorite drink back when I could handle gin...YUM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home