Saturday, August 05, 2006

Yarn Botanika Is Getting Around!

Happy Weekend!

Notice the new banner above and the avatar to the right! Aren't they cool? An ETSY seller Moxie Rings design these. She did a great job using a photo of the Meadow cashmere and silk yarn. She is working on some other things for us and I highly recommend her!

Quite a few people have photos of our yarn up on their blogs this week.

We are doing a project with the Garter Belt Designers as I mentioned in an earlier post. Here Wendy has a photo of her yarn that was called Mediterranean Sea listed on her blog Zibibbo is good. She also has a photo of the Hot Summer nights roving which is my very favorite colorway. I have to say that Wendy wins my award for the best yarn photography. I have been reading her blog for awhile now and she takes amazing photos....

Wendy from Knit and Tonic, whom I call California Wendy, also has a skein of merino and tencel only hers is in a different colorway called Pine Forest (I think!!). I can't wait to see the camisole she is referring to in her recent post!! And I can't wait to see what the others come up with as well..

Elizabeth in Madison (my alma mater and what I consider my home town or one of them) has a custom colorway I called Fall in Madison. I hope you like it! I have enjoyed emailing with Elizabeth for quite awhile now and she has sent me great Madison photos. So many incredible memories! I had fun hand painting all of these yarns for each of them! And then they have a new member Marie, who received a skein in the Earth colorway...

This is turning into a really fun project!! Please check out all of the designs on their site because they are truly wonderful...! And keep your eyes posted there for the new patterns coming out with the Yarn Botanika merino and tencel yarn... I hope they love this yarn as much as I do. I love that it is superwash merino and the shine that the tencel gives to it.. Also it seems very strong for a yarn of this knitting weight.

As an example, her is a photo of a recent merin and tencel yarn I dyed called Sunset based on the Arizona Sunset of course. It is available now in a kit in the shop. There is also a photo of it below with one of the bags from Knitted Bits.
Sunset
IMG_1829
Finally, last, but not least, my friend Karen in Maine, whom I have known for years now through the bearded collie world sent me this photo of a sock she made in the India Colorway. She said this photo really does not show off the yarn the way she wanted it too, but I still wanted to post it! Thanks for sending it to me Karen! Look at the beardies and little Dinah! Too cute!
IndiaSocks

I have a few new fibery type things around the house to take photos of....maybe tomorrow..

Definitely it is time for sleep now!!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Looks great!!!

Everything looks really good.

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your new banner!

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance you will making any more of the pine forest colorway for sale? It looks absoulutely gorgeous and I sure would like to purchase one or two

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

Wow! Love the banner, button and the pictures are wonderful! Great sock!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger YarnB said...

Yes, I will make some more, but I am on a dye break until next week. I have company this week. So watch the store starting the end of next week to the week after...Thanks for asking!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger blogdog said...

Wow -- Yarn Botanika conquers the Web, one blog at a time! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of Beardie people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home