Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Felting! WOW

I just had to report that I just felted my first bag. WOW, it really worked!!! TOO COOL FOR WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why I just didn't think it would work!!

I am making the Noni Evening Bag in black and purple just like the original pattern

HERE..

I just finished my first flower and I have four more to knit up and felt and then I'll put it all together.

Photos soon. I was just so excited, I felt I had to post about it!

On another note, have any of you seen the really cool Tilli Tomas yarns ? I am in love with the Cleopatra yarn for some reason but I am not sure what to make with it. I do think I am going to buy the yarn to make this Stitch Diva Pattern though or I will hand dye something to make it. I just love the long sleeve green version of the Simple Knitted bodice, but I'll probably make it in short sleeve....I am not sure how the neckline will work with bigger bazoombas, but I can wear a camisole. I am just in love with this pattern....

Here's a photo of it:


7 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felting is so much fun. Are you going to do the KAL with Sexy Knitters Club? I am hoping to do the long sleeved one too....loving the pattern!

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger YarnThrower said...

I'm so glad your first felting experience was a good one. I've felted many things, and every time I put something into the washer to felt it, I have a little feeling that it's not going to work out....but, it ALWAYS has! I think it is SOOO much fun! That evening bag is adorable! I'm looking forward to seeing yours completed!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I LOVE felting.

I can't wait to see photos.

I love the long sleeved pattern.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Hey you! Was that you on my blog? lol Anyway, can't wait to see your bag. what a great pattern! The Stitch Diva pattern is amazing. What color are you thinking of? I think you def. have to hand-dye something. (And btw, even w/ not-so-big bazzoombas, I think a camisol would be in order!)

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I like the short sleeve sweater a little better, I think. You know me, I am super messy, so the bell sleeves would be SO dirty in about two seconds flat.

Big bazoombas :) You make me laugh!

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Stitch Diva pattern! I'd love to make it, but that yarn is just *too* expensive. Hmmmm... I wonder if there's anything in the stash..?

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pattern is soooooo fabulous. I wish I could fork out for the yarn. What do you think would be a viable alternative?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home