Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cashmere......so soft

Happy Sunday,

I have been dyeing some unbelievable cashmere and cashmere and silk yarns. Truly they are gorgeous. The cashmere is very soft and I had to be careful when winding it as it will break easily. The added silk in the silk/cashmere blend makes that yarn stronger, but I will still keep the cashmere alone because it feels like velvet...! People will just need to know that it is more delicate. I am going to have these yarns available soon in the ETSY shop, but a few friends are test knitting the yarns right now.

I had to keep one skein for myself of course and it is this one pictured here in the Colorway Meadow. I know I am biased, but isn't it just incredibly beautiful? I even put the photo in this new "framing" software I found to show it off more, but not sure I like this tool. Hmmm, (thinking out loud!!) I am making a lace scarf and I hope to show it to you soon. I have never worked with a yarn so heavenly and so soft!



This is the one I gave to Kirsten and the colorway is called Caribbean Waters (thanks for the name Kirsten!). It turned out beautifully as well. Sarah has another photo on her blog of one called Raspberry Souffle that I forgot to take a photo of.



So once I make sure the yarn is as wonderful as I think, about 12 skeins of it will be listed in the shop. In the meantime, I listed a lot of new items in the past few days. Some beautiful new colorways in merino and tencel, a new silk and merino, superwash merino and also some adorable new kits. Take a look. The merino and tencel yarn is incredible and so is the new merino and silk. The spinning and sock kits have also been really popular and I enjoy dyeing yarn and fibers to match the fabric bags. All the fabric bags have been updated too with a lanyard for attaching to your belt or another bag and a great new toggle closure.

In other news, I am collaborating with some of my favorite knitwear designers, the Garter Belt Design Team. Check out the patterns on their website. These three, soon to be four, wonderful women each received a skein of yarn from me and will be coming up with a unique pattern. More details in the early fall, but I am excited about this.

Well, I think I am going out to breakfast and I feel like pancakes and bacon, despite the fact that I am supposed to be giving up all white flour sugary type things and well bacon is probably not on the plan either. But tomorrow is the day I really start, so in the meantime, I will enjoy this yummy breakfast. How many times have those of you who have to watch your diet, have said this? Tomorrow! Tomorrow!

YarnB

4 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've sure got a lot going on! I love the colour of the carribean water (but I'm not too fond of the frame-tool...)

Thanks for the link to the garter belt site, I've missed that one and there were some beautiful design.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Love the yarn, love the framing (how'd you do that?) and can't WAIT for your cashmere to come out in the shop!

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful yarns you have - the meadow colourway would make such a lovely shawl ... Curse my resolution to stop buying yarn until I finish my WIPs!

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger yarnophiliac said...

I can't wait to try that yarn!! I keep checking the shop to see if you have it listed yet... (chomping at the bit...) be talkin to ya soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home